Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 05/19/24 at 10:00am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerSaturday Night RacerSNR LOUNGE › Duane and Bob... Read up...

Pages: 1
Duane and Bob... Read up... (Read 4995 times)
imracin68j
LMR God

Do the impossible

Duane and Bob... Read up...
06/09/08 at 5:56pm

BAGHDAD AP— Iraqi lawmakers say the United States is demanding 58 bases as part of a proposed “status of forces” agreement that will allow U.S. troops to remain in the country indefinitely.
Leading members of the two ruling Shiite parties said in a series of interviews the Iraqi government rejected this proposal along with another U.S. demand that would effectively hand over the power to determine if a hostile act from another country is aggression against Iraq. Lawmakers said they fear this power would drag Iraq into a war between the United States and Iran.
“The points that were put forth by the Americans were more abominable than the occupation,” said Jalal al Din al-Saghir, a leading lawmaker from the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq. “We were occupied by order of the Security Council,” he said, referring to the 2004 Resolution mandating a U.S. military occupation in Iraq at the head of an international coalition. “But now we are being asked to sign for our own occupation. That is why we have absolutely refused all that we have seen so far.”

So if the American people don't want this, Democrats and Republicans alike don't like this and you STILL push it through.  Isn't that close to a dictatorship?  BTW, I believe Bush is trying to make this election as hard as he can for McCain.  McCain has to be reading this and cringing.

Play the all new "DANNY SIMKINS - 11 STRAIGHT - trivia game." Only at teamsimkins.com.
WWW | AIM   IP Logged
bluethunder28
LMR Member

aka Glenn

Re: Duane and Bob... Read up...
Reply #1 - 06/09/08 at 6:57pm

If the Dems are in contorl of the the House and Senate and don't like the war, why do they keep funding it????????????????????? Could it be so they can add their pet projects to it? No, they wouldn't do that would they?

IP Logged
formercrewguy
LMR God

The shrub brothers
are punks

Arizona
Reply #2 - 06/09/08 at 7:16pm

Not enough info in that story Billy.........i bet there are certainly leftists and rightists in the Iraqi government,who love primetime press..........keep on top of this though.......we appreciate it.......lol

"99% of Muslims aren't terrorists, but 99% of terrorists are Muslim"
  IP Logged
imracin68j
LMR God

Do the impossible

Reply #3 - 06/09/08 at 7:18pm

Obama just drew up his tax code.  Families making under 150,000 a year would get a good tax cut.  Above 150,000 would see an increase.  Also, McCain has been trying to push a 1.8 billion dollar grant to Exxon mobile.  Believe McCain when he says he doesn't know much about economics.

Play the all new "DANNY SIMKINS - 11 STRAIGHT - trivia game." Only at teamsimkins.com.
WWW | AIM   IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #4 - 06/10/08 at 1:01am

imracin68j wrote on 06/09/08 at 7:18pm:
Obama just drew up his tax code.  Families making under 150,000 a year would get a good tax cut.  Above 150,000 would see an increase.  Also, McCain has been trying to push a 1.8 billion dollar grant to Exxon mobile.  Believe McCain when he says he doesn't know much about economics.

Billy, I swear, your going to make me cry!!!  I know your not that stupid. If you raise the taxes on companies, we pay more.  Please read this twice, maybe, just maybe it will sink in, your god Obama will sink ours asses in a heartbeat.  How is this so hard to understand? Obama can give you 10,000 dollars in rebaits and tax breaks , but he has to com up with the money to run the country somewhere so he taxes the CORPs. And what do they do? the raise there prices 13,000 and your in the hole!!!! Is it sinking in yet???????????? I said I know your not that stupid, I guess I don't know that, I just hope that.   Duane

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #5 - 06/10/08 at 1:04am

imracin68j wrote on 06/09/08 at 5:56pm:
BAGHDAD AP— Iraqi lawmakers say the United States is demanding 58 bases as part of a proposed “status of forces” agreement that will allow U.S. troops to remain in the country indefinitely.
Leading members of the two ruling Shiite parties said in a series of interviews the Iraqi government rejected this proposal along with another U.S. demand that would effectively hand over the power to determine if a hostile act from another country is aggression against Iraq. Lawmakers said they fear this power would drag Iraq into a war between the United States and Iran.
“The points that were put forth by the Americans were more abominable than the occupation,” said Jalal al Din al-Saghir, a leading lawmaker from the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq. “We were occupied by order of the Security Council,” he said, referring to the 2004 Resolution mandating a U.S. military occupation in Iraq at the head of an international coalition. “But now we are being asked to sign for our own occupation. That is why we have absolutely refused all that we have seen so far.”

So if the American people don't want this, Democrats and Republicans alike don't like this and you STILL push it through.  Isn't that close to a dictatorship?  BTW, I believe Bush is trying to make this election as hard as he can for McCain.  McCain has to be reading this and cringing.  

58 bases in a country the size of Ca. ?   I think someone is misinterpeting something.

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
TALON75
LMR God

DO IT INTHE DIRT

Reply #6 - 06/10/08 at 10:09am

Billy, tell the Iraqi's to look at Japan , occupation really ain't that bad and over time it can work for them, but that is all HISTORY now and who needs that !! I believe you are DOOMED to repeat it!

IP Logged
Kdawg33A
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/10/08 at 10:35am

bluethunder28 wrote on 06/09/08 at 6:57pm:
If the Dems are in contorl of the the House and Senate and don't like the war, why do they keep funding it?????????????????????

because if they Don't they will be accused of  "hanging our troops out to dry"

IP Logged
formercrewguy
LMR God

The shrub brothers
are punks

Arizona
Reply #8 - 06/10/08 at 7:06pm

They have been "hanging our troops out to dry" forever!!...Why do you think our military is ALWAYS short of what they need now AND in the past? Congress has the checkbook................NO ONE ELSE.

It offends me every day that those SOB'S are breathing MY AIR.............

"99% of Muslims aren't terrorists, but 99% of terrorists are Muslim"
  IP Logged
Kdawg33A
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/11/08 at 1:17pm

Good Point. But like you said it's "Always" been that way YET no one does anything about it.
 Our Troops are tough and have always been able to Adapt and Overcome.
 And another thing, If you have the capability to fly a missle down the street and stick it in the vent of an attic, What else do you need?

congress is the branch that allows the Presidential Cabinet to get what they want and it be percieved as a struggle, as well as fooling the mass population into thinking they have a say in things.
 They don't do anything but stall stuff, the real stuff is being handled by the money left over.

(you don't really think Toilet paper in DC costs $15 a Roll do you?)

IP Logged
Pages: 1

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.