Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 05/17/24 at 6:43am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerSaturday Night RacerSATURDAY NIGHT RACER › 2010 Prelude To The Dream

Pages: 1 2 
2010 Prelude To The Dream (Read 20521 times)
BakoBoyzRacing
Ex Member

2010 Prelude To The Dream
06/07/10 at 4:34pm

Wednesday, June 9th, 2010
Live Prelude to the Dream Countdown Show on SPEED @ 6 PM ET
Live on HBO Pay-Per-View @ 7 PM ET / 4 PM PT

The 2010 Prelude to the Dream will consist of 25 drivers and each will be divided amongst four teams and each will represent one of the four following children’s hospitals:

Cincinnati Children’s
Levine Children’s Hospital
Riley Hospital for Children
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Each individual driver’s finishing position in the feature race will contribute to each team’s total score.  

Team Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Car # 21 Elliott, Bill
Car Owner: Ray Cook
Sponsor: VP Racing Fuels
Elliott has been become a dirt track fixture since retiring from NASCAR fulltime. The 1988 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion currently drives the #21 car for Wood Brothers Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Elliott returns to the 2010 Prelude after missing last year’s event due to injury.

Car # 9Kahne, Kasey (Team Captain)
Car Owner: Eric Jacobsen
Sponsor:  Budweiser
Kahne cut his teeth on the dirt in USAC competition and maintains his dirt track ties by owning a World of Outlaws team. Kahne arrives for his fourth Prelude event as a candidate to win. Kahne currently drives the #9 car for Richard Petty Motorsports in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

Car # 44 Labonte, Bobby
Car Owner: Bobby Labonte
Sponsors:  Lucas Oil, Red Buck Filtered Cigars, Sunoco
Labonte returns to Eldora in 2010 after missing the 2009 event.  The former Cup champion looks to improve upon his Prelude finishes in 2007 and 2008, which were both cut short due to accidents.  Similar to Clint Bowyer, Labonte owns his own dirt late model and expectations for a top 5 finish will be high.

Car # 20 Logano, Joey
Car Owner: Chris Wall
Sponsor:  Home Depot
The youngest driver in the field returns for his sophomore stint at Eldora after struggling to a 20th place finish as a rookie. Logano has won in every type of car on his quick trip to the Sprint Cup Series. Expect Logano to make a vast improvement in 2010, aligning with his fast start in the 2010 Sprint Cup Series.

Car # 75 Pedregon, Cruz
Car Owner: Cruz Pedregon
Sponsors: Snap-on, Toyota, Herzog, Sioux City Truck  and Trailer
The NHRA star enjoyed running in his first three Prelude events so much that he decided to buy his own dirt late model car and team. Cruz is getting quite familiar with turning left at Eldora and crossed the finish line 6th in 2009. When he isn’t drag racing at speeds exceeding 300 MPH in the NHRA, Pedregon is turning laps in his dirt late model in preparation for the Prelude event.

Car # 14 Stewart, Tony
Car Owner: Mark Richards
Sponsors: Bass Pro Shops, Office Depot, Old Spice, Gillette
Stewart enjoyed racing so much at Eldora Speedway he decided to buy the track in 2004. In his first full season of ownership (2005) Stewart unveiled the Prelude and has since won the event three times. The 2010 field of participants will be the most competitive yet; expectations are high for a fellow competitor to knock Stewart from his throne.

Team LEVINE HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN

Car # 47 Ambrose, Marcos
Car Owner:  J.W. Kinzer
Sponsors: Kingsford, Bush's Baked Beans, Little Debbie, Will Kinzer Foundation
The two time Australian Supercar champion is now making a name for himself in the United States thanks to back to back Nationwide Series wins at the Watkins Glen road course in 2008 and 2009. Ambrose drives the #47 car for JTG Daugherty Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Ambrose returns for his second Prelude after finishing a respectable 14th as a rookie in 2009.

Car # 66 Blaney, Dave
Car Owner: Tracy Seymour
Sponsors:  T & R Logging, Southern Ohio Wood, Shain Custom Decals and Graphics
Blaney is perhaps the most decorated dirt racer in the field winning championships in both the United State Auto Club (USAC) and the World of Outlaws Series’ before pursuing pavement racing at the NASCAR level. Blaney currently fields the #66 car for Prism Motorsports at the NASCAR Sprint Cup level. Blaney returns to Eldora for the Prelude after missing the 2009 event due to death in the family.

Car # 51 Busch,  Kyle (Team Captain)
Car Owner: Scott Bloomquist
Sponsor:  NOS Energy
Busch comes back to Eldora for his fourth consecutive Prelude event after a third place finish in 2009. Busch has won races in nearly every Series that he has driven. The one exception – the Prelude to the Dream. Busch nearly won in 2007 when he finished 2nd to Carl Edwards and crossed the line third last year.

Car # 48 Johnson, Jimmie
Car Owner: Clint Bowyer
Sponsor:  Lowe's Home Improvement
The four time defending Sprint Cup Champion visits Eldora for the third time after posting two top ten finishes in 2008 and 2009. Johnson will look for his first win on a dirt surface since he won running off-road and stadium trucks early in his career. Johnson’s car owner for the Prelude is Clint Bowyer.

Car # 17 Kenseth, Matt
Car Owner: Ernie Davis
Sponsors: Blain's Farm & Fleet, Crown Royal, Valvoline
The 2003 Spring Cup and 2009 Daytona 500 champion continues to develop as a dirt track driver by running non-asphalt races when his schedule permits. Kenseth is the only Prelude driver to participant in all five Prelude events and finish in the top 10 in every one.

Car # 199 Pastrana, Travis
Car Owner: Jon Henry
Sponsor:  Red Bull
The most successful competitor in the history of X Games freestyle motocross, a five-time United States amateur motocross champion, and winner of four consecutive championships in the Rally America Series makes his debut at Eldora Speedway.  Pastrana has never been in a dirt late model before, but he has proven to be a quick study in a vehicle.  

Car # 00 Reutimann, David
Car Owner:  Mastersbilt Chassis
Sponsors: Aaron's, Beringer
The third generation driver began racing dirt Modifieds throughout his home state of Florida before breaking into the NASCAR Slim Jim All-Pro Series in 1997. Reutimann broke through in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2009 with his first career victory at the 50th Coca-Cola 600. Reutimann looks for a similar breakout performance in the 2010 Prelude after posting respective finishes of 9th, 11th and 7th the past three years at the Prelude.

TEAM Riley Hospital for Children

Car # 12 ALLGAIER, JUSTIN
Car Owner:  Dewaine Hottinger
Sponsor:  Verizon Wireless
The 2008 ARCA Series champion is now making a name for himself in NASCAR driving for Roger Penske. He won the 2009 NASCAR Nationwide Series rookie of the year award. Allgaier is far from a rookie on dirt as he grew up racing midgets and late models in the Midwest.  He is the youngest driver to ever advance to the A-Main in the famed Chili Bowl midget event in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Car # 43 ALLMENDINGER, A.J.
Car Owner: Jeff Smith
Sponsors: Best Buy, actiVwater
Driving the famed 43 car, Allmendinger begins his second year in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series with Richard Petty Motorsports. The 2003 Toyota Atlantic champion and five-time Champ Car race winner will visit Eldora for the second straight year, looking to improve upon his 22nd place finish in his rookie campaign at the Prelude in 2009.

Car # 33 Bowyer, Clint (Team Captain)
Car Owner: Clint Bowyer
Sponsors:  Cheerios, Dollar General, Cometic Gaskets, Schek Industries
Bowyer returns to Eldora as one of the most consistent Prelude participants after posting finishes of fifth, third and second from 2007 to 2009. Bowyer currently drives the #33 car for Richard Childress Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Bowyer grew up racing on the dirt and currently owns his own dirt teams and also provides a dirt late model car for Jimmie Johnson for the Prelude event.

Car # 28 Capps, Ron
Car Owners: Chuck Sanning & Bill Dues
Sponsor: NAPA Auto Parts, Miller Light, St. Henry Nite Club, Sanning Service Station
Capps is one of five drivers who have participated in every Prelude event since 2005. The NHRA star is looks to continue to improve upon his recent finishes of 13th and 17th over the past two years.

Car # 24 Gordon, Jeff
Car Owner: Clint Smith
Sponsor:  Pepsi Refresh Project
The four time Sprint Cup Champion raced at Eldora for the first time since 1991 in the 2007 Prelude and finished 3rd. Gordon will return for his third Prelude event after missing the 2009 Prelude. Expect Gordon to be in the front of the pack at the end of the night. Gordon continues to pilot the #24 car for Hendrick Motorsports at the NASCAR Sprint Cup level.

Car # 39 Newman, Ryan
Car Owner: Steve Francis
Sponsors: U.S. Army, Tornados
Newman grew up racing on dirt won the USAC Silver Crown championship in 1999 setting the stage for his transition to NASCAR. The pilot of the #39 for Stewart-Haas Racing comes back to the Prelude for his fifth consecutive year and looks to build upon his personal best finish of 4th in last year’s event.

Car # 83 Vickers, Brian
Car Owner: Barry Wright
Sponsors: Red Bull
Vickers descends upon Eldora Speedway for his second Prelude after finishing a reputable 12th in his 2009 rookie campaign. The Red Bull driver and former NASCAR Nationwide Series champion has limited experience on dirt, but the expectations for 2010 are lofty.

Car # 36 Wallace, Kenny
Car Owner: Terry Phillips
Sponsor: Federated Auto Parts
Wallace won the inaugural Prelude event in 2005 and has posted top 5 finishes in three of the five Prelude events. In 2009 Wallace was challenging for the lead when his tire was cut by Clint Bowyer delegating Wallace to a 17th place finish. Dirt late model racing is a staple of Wallace’s routine and expect Wallace to contend for his second Prelude title in 2010.

Team St. Jude children's research hospital

Car # 51 Almirola, Aric
Car Owner: Mike Hubbard
Sponsor:  Graceway Pharmaceuticals
Almirola is a promising young driver who currently pilots the #51 for Billy Ballew Motorsports in the Craftsman Truck Series. Almirola returns for his fifth Prelude after a career best finish of 8th in 2009.

Car # 4 Carmichael, Ricky
Car Owner: Mike Dillon
Sponsor:  Oakley
Ricky Carmichael is making his debut at Eldora Speedway, but he’s hardly a neophyte on the dirt. Carmichael is well known for his success on two wheels on the dirt, but recently made the transition to NASCAR and currently drives the #4 truck for Turner Motorsports in the Craftsman Truck Series.

Car # 99 Edwards, Carl
Car Owner: Stacy Holmes
Sponsors:  Aflac
Edwards returns for his third Prelude event after missing last year’s event due to a broken foot. Carl grew up racing on dirt and quickly found success at Eldora as he won as a rookie at the 2007 Prelude after battling Kyle Busch and Jeff Gordon on the waning laps of the feature.

Car # 98 Evernham, Ray
Car Owners: Darin Burco, Travis Smock & Brian Lillie
Sponsors: WIX Filters & Bubba Burger
Evernham returns to Eldora for the fourth consecutive year. The former NASCAR Modified Tour driver, turned crew chief, turned car owner, turned track owner seeks to improve upon his career best finish of 16th in 2008.

Car # 11 Hamlin, Denny (Team Captain)
Car Owner: Billy Moyer
Sponsors: FedEx, The Denny Hamlin Foundation
Hamlin has limited dirt experience, but plenty of late model knowledge running asphalt bullrings in his home state of Virginia. Hamlin had one of the fastest cars in the 2009 Prelude event before a mechanical malfunction delegated him to a 23rd place finish. Hamlin continues to drive the #11 car for Joe Gibbs Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and is expected to contend for the 2010 Championship.

Car # 711 Kanaan, Tony
Car Owner:  GRT Race Cars
Sponsor:  7-Eleven
Kanaan started last in 2010 Indy 500 and climbed to second by lap 120 of 200-lap race, and was still there with four laps to go before pitting for fuel and finishing 11th. The 2004 IndyCar Series champion is affable and fearless – good traits to have with no dirt experience.

Car # 9 Schrader, Ken
Car Owner: Ken Schrader
Sponsor:  Federated Auto Parts, Petroff Towing, Hawkeye Truck Sales
Schrader is one of only five drivers that will be participating in his sixth Prelude event. After retiring as a fulltime NASCAR driver, Schrader continues to turn laps in just about any vehicle with four wheels. Schrader has posted three top 10s at the Prelude and could be the favorite in 2010.

IP Logged
BakoBoyzRacing
Ex Member

Re: 2010 Prelude To The Dream
Reply #1 - 06/07/10 at 4:43pm

Kevin Harvick was racing in the Prelude but his name is not on the list of drivers anymore...Vickers is NOT racing due to his injurey...
These guys were not on the list last week but are now:
Pastrana, Travis
Kanaan, Tony

wonder if they are replacing Harvick & Vickers????

IP Logged
smartguy
LMR God

Popularity breeds
contempt

North Bay
Reply #2 - 06/07/10 at 4:55pm

kasey kahne's running for eric jacobsen, cool to see a former wdlmt drivers name on that list

Go Fast or Go Home!!!!!!
  IP Logged
Jones76
LMR Member

Get out of this
MOTHER TRUCKER'S
way!!!

Reply #3 - 06/07/10 at 5:11pm

Tony Kanaan replaced the Indy 500 winner Dario F. who will be testing some where.
I believe harvick is still going to there but I may be wrong.

Propane Transport Testing, Mother Trucker Graffix, H&S Body Works, Gil's Transmission, Brown & Riech, Subway,JR Motorsports
  IP Logged
Matt_8
LMR God

My Dads
Mr.Excitement! whos
yours?

CA
Reply #4 - 06/07/10 at 5:11pm

We'll be there again this year. It was awesome last year. I seen Pastrana on a list a couple weeks ago but didn't see Vickers. I believe I read it on Jayski.com.

WWW   IP Logged
BakoBoyzRacing
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/07/10 at 9:29pm

Jones76 wrote on 06/07/10 at 5:11pm:
Tony Kanaan replaced the Indy 500 winner Dario F. who will be testing some where.
I believe harvick is still going to there but I may be wrong.

Harvick is no where to be found....he was on there a month or so ago

IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #6 - 06/07/10 at 9:33pm

Lagano said we have to ask DeLana if Kevin can come out to play--lol

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
BakoBoyzRacing
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/07/10 at 9:34pm

hogracer3d wrote on 06/07/10 at 9:33pm:

Grin

IP Logged
BakoBoyzRacing
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/07/10 at 9:35pm

IP Logged
formercrewguy
LMR God

The shrub brothers
are punks

Arizona
Reply #9 - 06/07/10 at 9:38pm

hogracer3d wrote on 06/07/10 at 9:33pm:

Grin Grin Grin

"99% of Muslims aren't terrorists, but 99% of terrorists are Muslim"
  IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #10 - 06/07/10 at 9:49pm

That Pastrana car is awsome, now just dont screw it up by putting a T....., Toy..., Toyota sticker on it, darn that's hard to say

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
Matt_8
LMR God

My Dads
Mr.Excitement! whos
yours?

CA
Reply #11 - 06/07/10 at 10:27pm

http://www.another site/event-coverage/other-event-coverage/photo-gallery-from-the-2009-prelude-to-
the-dream-and-the-world-100/

Here's a link for some pics from last year. If you scroll down and see the picture of Moyer and Hamlin and look closely theres some kid in the background wearing a Team 3D shirt  Wink
KC Rooney told me about it.

WWW   IP Logged
Matt_8
LMR God

My Dads
Mr.Excitement! whos
yours?

CA
Reply #12 - 06/07/10 at 10:28pm

its supposed to be another site not no advertising wont let me post it though.

WWW   IP Logged
BakoBoyzRacing
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/07/10 at 10:51pm

IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #14 - 06/07/10 at 11:30pm

Hey, that kid deserves a new one.....

thats cool--

IP Logged
hschamp90
LMR Senior

Reply #15 - 06/08/10 at 12:57pm

hogracer3d wrote on 06/07/10 at 9:49pm:
That Pastrana car is awsome, now just dont screw it up by putting a T....., Toy..., Toyota sticker on it, darn that's hard to say

He's a factory Subaru driver, toyota might not like it, unless toyota owns suby, not sure.

IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #16 - 06/08/10 at 1:01pm

hschamp90 wrote on 06/08/10 at 12:57pm:
hogracer3d wrote on 06/07/10 at 9:49pm:

He's a factory Subaru driver, toyota might not like it, unless toyota owns suby, not sure.

I was hoping for a big red bowtie, or even a blue oval--lol

IP Logged
jcschlundt
LMR Member

GO FAST!!!

Fresno
Reply #17 - 06/09/10 at 9:25am

When is it airing on TV?  What channel?

IP Logged
sj_valley_dave
LMR God

Love the smell of
nitro in the air

Reply #18 - 06/09/10 at 10:16am

It is on tonight on Pay For View

IP Logged
KidCrockett21
LMR Member

Reply #19 - 06/09/10 at 10:25am

On Charter, its  channel 801....

21j
  IP Logged
Late_Model_Mark
LMR God

Red Clay Report

Reply #20 - 06/09/10 at 10:30am

Isn't this just too freakin cool to have a Dirt Late Model race live on TV from the most prestigeous dirt track in the country?? What a stout lineup to say the least. I have not missed one Prelude and I'm sure not missing this one. They had heavy rain last night and some rain this morning but it has cleared out as of now. As far as my timezone (CST) it comes on at 6:00pm. with a repeat right after the race at 9:00pm.

I have the fridge full of cold Sierra Nevadas' in the manroom, Mrs. Late Model Mark will grill me up some flanksteak and I'll be parked in front of the widescreen with the sound up. Live Dirt Late Models from Eldora, dang thats some great stuff. Betcha the winged dune buggy crowd is a little envious. Dirt Late Models rule!!

Late Model Mark

IP Logged
smartguy
LMR God

Popularity breeds
contempt

North Bay
Reply #21 - 06/09/10 at 4:09pm

is speed gonna re-air it in a couple of weeks like they usually do every year? anybody know?

Go Fast or Go Home!!!!!!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.