Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 07/24/14 at 7:42am

LEFTCOASTMOTORSPORTS
Saturday Night RacerSaturday Night RacerSTREET STOCKS › Dirt Track Racing School

Pages: 1 2 3 
Dirt Track Racing School (Read 5191 times)
Southerner
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Dirt Track Racing School
12/21/10 at 3:33pm

Hello guys, I'm getting back into dirt racing when I get out of the Army soon and was wondering if anyone knows of a dirt track driving school on the West Coast.  I figure there has to be something in CA or AZ, but all my searches turn up in Arkansas and the Carolinas.  I'm not sure what car class I'm going to race, but probably Super Stock or Modified, on dirt for sure.  Even if it's a late model school, I'm sure I can benefit from it.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

IP Logged
jrtracing
LMR God

CA
Re: Dirt Track Racing School
Reply #1 - 12/21/10 at 3:47pm

Chris Kearns Driving School

Chris Sivesind Driving School

LOL! I really don't know of any schools for Stock Cars or Mods out here.

YIM | AIM   IP Logged
Sparky56
LMR God

Z-Boyz Racing

Reply #2 - 12/21/10 at 4:45pm

Don't go to the first Chris' driving school. Not user friendly..............

ON THE WOOD IS GOOD Cool
  IP Logged
OLD SCHOOL#6
LMR God

CHEVY RUMBLE !! 

Reply #3 - 12/21/10 at 5:11pm

Just get out on the track.  The other drivers will teach ya' everything ya' need to know ........................ LOL

"SMOKE ' UM" -- the unlawfull act of depositing large amounts of rubber on a hard surface such as asphalt or concrete.
AIM   IP Logged
BakoBoyzRacing
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/21/10 at 6:36pm

its not hard to turn left...whats hard is all the dirt in the face... Cheesy

IP Logged
smartguy
LMR God

Popularity breeds
contempt

North Bay
Reply #5 - 12/21/10 at 7:00pm

cory krusman has one down in ventura for midgets & sprints, never heard of any stock car driving skools in cali???

Go Fast or Go Home!!!!!!
  IP Logged
Southerner
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #6 - 12/22/10 at 5:56am

Yah, I did see Kruseman's Sprint car school.  Do you think that would help getting into a Super Stock or Mod? I want to be competitive right off the bat.  

I got a Marine buddy stationed in Yuma who gave me the idea of school because he saw a guy jump into a yellow #08 Super and he won like his third night out beating the track champ.  The word is the guy had never driven a dirt stock car but went back East to a school last summer.  That's what I'm talking about.

IP Logged
hogracer3d
LMR God

We bust our a$$ to
kick yours-!!!

Reply #7 - 12/22/10 at 7:02am

I don't think a sprint car school would do much if any good, as the cars are so radically different in power to weight ratio, and set-up

But going to one of the ones you back east might serve you better

DSClaimer: I have no DNA evidence that my post is absolutely 100% true and accurate, and frankly don't care !
  IP Logged
mudslinger47
LMR God

Well crap stuck with
the dickweed for
four more

Reply #8 - 12/22/10 at 8:16am

This is just my opinion, but I think a chassis school would be far more beneficial then a driving school.  If you know how to make the car work, anyone could do well, but if your a good driver in an ill prepared and set up car, nothing will help. Learn the chassis and set up, the school of hard knocks will finish out the education.

Duane

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY!!
  IP Logged
Redalert144
LMR Senior

IMCA Stock Cars
Rule!

Yuma, Az
Reply #9 - 12/22/10 at 8:58am

Southerner wrote on 12/22/10 at 5:56am:
Yah, I did see Kruseman's Sprint car school.  Do you think that would help getting into a Super Stock or Mod? I want to be competitive right off the bat.  

I got a Marine buddy stationed in Yuma who gave me the idea of school because he saw a guy jump into a yellow #08 Super and he won like his third night out beating the track champ.  The word is the guy had never driven a dirt stock car but went back East to a school last summer.  That's what I'm talking about.

That guy was a drag racer i heard and Yuma's has had a really high attrition rate since it re-opened. Just from watching I wouldn't say the guy was on the level to win just got lucky, but thats racing. I have only had 1 race myself, it's not that hard but i do agree about getting setup knowledge being better than a driving school.

Good luck tho, hope to see ya out at Cocoopah

WWW   IP Logged
Southerner
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Reply #10 - 12/22/10 at 10:18am

Yah, I'll be going to the Yuma track next month to check it out.  My boy there tells me the track prep is nonexistent or the track surface is pure crap- a lot of broke cars.  Sounds like off road racing to me.

How are the Stree Stocks down there, competition and car counts-wise?

Nice looking Nova, BTW.

IP Logged
Redalert144
LMR Senior

IMCA Stock Cars
Rule!

Yuma, Az
Reply #11 - 12/22/10 at 10:30am

Thanks, car count for for Yuma street stocks have been about 15-20 cars. As far as the track prep goes, they are starting to get it down. The track was closed for 10 years so the clay base is starting to take hold and if it continues like it was for sat night of the turkey classic it should be really good this spring.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.