Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 05/18/24 at 7:38pm

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerSaturday Night RacerSNR LOUNGE › Round 2 With The RC Hydroplane-Wow

Pages: 1
Round 2 With The RC Hydroplane-Wow (Read 2372 times)
Late_Model_Mark
LMR God

Red Clay Report

Round 2 With The RC Hydroplane-Wow
07/25/13 at 4:29pm

Today I went to the local (15 miles away) hobby shop and picked up a new skid fin, new trick Grimracer brass prop and hit the lake. There was a little wind that created a tick of chop, perfect!

Went out on the dock and tried some new 4200 Li-Po Grimracer packs, it takes 2 packs to run this heap. Holy smokes! Did 3 checkout laps to amke sure this piece worked, oh did it work, the neighbor, a local cop brought his radar gun and had me at 53mph! This thing turns so hard and just rockets down the straights.

Aquacraft UL-1 Hydroplanes are way to much fun, oh yea, no turtles on the racecourse today. Tongue

Late Model Mark

IP Logged
formercrewguy
LMR God

The shrub brothers
are punks

Arizona
Re: Round 2 With The RC Hydroplane-Wow
Reply #1 - 07/25/13 at 6:53pm

Late_Model_Mark wrote on 07/25/13 at 4:29pm:
oh yea, no turtles on the racecourse today. Tongue

Late Model Mark

Good. I would hate to call PETA again. Grin

"99% of Muslims aren't terrorists, but 99% of terrorists are Muslim"
  IP Logged
Late_Model_Mark
LMR God

Red Clay Report

Re: Round 2 With The RC Hydroplane-Wow
Reply #2 - 08/03/13 at 7:15am

About 20 minutes ago I took "Miss Excite" for some laps on the calm waters on the lake. Did a coupla laps and then stood on it. Around lap four I crossed some small rollers from the previous laps, I had her at about 60% throttle when I got to the rollers, when I hit 'em just for S%#@s and grins I nailed it, The front end picked ip and I carried a water wheelie for a good 25 feet! It looked so cool with the front end about 3 inches and change off the water just hauling the mail. Just before I turned I burped the throttle and the front came down followed by a very hard turn. Dama I wish I had somebody with a camcorder filmin' it.

Late Model Mark..sponson walkin' on a Saturday morn.

IP Logged
Pages: 1

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.