Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 05/17/24 at 10:46pm

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerSaturday Night RacerSATURDAY NIGHT RACER › Antioch And Merced Results From The Weekend

Pages: 1
Antioch And Merced Results From The Weekend (Read 764 times)
C.W.
LMR Mod

DCRR Racing Media

Antioch And Merced Results From The Weekend
03/31/15 at 5:11pm

I don't want to post the wrong thing and upset anybody.  I'm guessing the results will be posted soon for Antioch Speedway and Merced Speedway.  Here's what I can tell you.

There were 16 Sport Mods at Antioch.  There were guys from Marysville and Merced in the house, but a familiar name up front.  "Fast" Freddy Ryland won the Main Event ahead of Jimmy Ford and Keith Brown Jr.  Jason Ferguson led many laps.  Looked like motor problems ended that.  I heard there might have been tech issues in the field, so we'll see how that breaks down.  Al Sotomayor crossed the line fourth and Paul Mulder also collected his second straight top 5 in fifth.  Heat winners were Brown and Patti Ryland.

Merced was about where I thought they might be on cars and the show went on.  Again, this is unofficial, but Les Friend won the IMCA Modified feature.  I know Les has been at this for a while in the Sacramento area, and it's nice to see him win.  Paul Stone came from further back in a borrowed car and claimed second ahead of John MacDougal, Alex Wilson and Joel Myers.  Heat wins went to Friend and Ricky Thatcher.

The Sport Mods was the beginning of a two win weekend for Fred Ryland as he won this one ahead of heat winner Keith Brown Jr. and John Gish.  With Ryland running for National and State honors and car count light, I have to wonder if there might be a temptation to bring Patti's car to get her more seat time and grow the count a little.  Low car count is not his friend in what he wants to accomplish.

Kevin Joaquin won another Hobby Stock Main Event ahead of Jill Merlin and Jennifer Corder.  Darren Miguel grabbed the heat race win.  Mike Hynes led another Antioch podium in Limited late Models ahead of heat winner Mark Garner and John Evans.

As I said, this is all unofficial, and I'm sure the results will be posted soon.  Sorry if I got anything wrong.  In the event that results don't get posted, I'll try to grab more details on the finishes, but I'm trying to let the people do their jobs first so as not to confuse the situation.

Now, Oval Motorsports has a cool Family Appreciation thing happening at both Merced Speedway and Antioch Speedway this Saturday with an Easter Egg hunt for the kids, bike giveaways and driver autograph session.  More info for that should be on the website.  

Anyway, with nothing out there, I thought I'd at least put this out Smiley

DCRR Racing Media
http://dcrrbook.blogspot.com/
http://jeffersonracingnews.blogspot.com/

Covering auto racing for over 30 years. Writing, announcing, consulting, supporting the sport.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.