Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 05/19/24 at 4:58pm

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerSaturday Night RacerSATURDAY NIGHT RACER › Eusibeo Gonzalez Passes

Pages: 1
Eusibeo Gonzalez Passes (Read 1602 times)
over4t
LMR God

Leaf lifer

Eusibeo Gonzalez Passes
12/19/16 at 9:40am

Eusebio, known to most all  in northern Nevada and California as Subio, lost his life in a traffic accident in rural Nevada Thursday when his truck and trailer hit a cow in the road and turned over.
   A top notch stock car racer when he got out of the seat some 20 years ago and patriarch of the Gonzalez racing family, which includes sons Jesse and Malen among others, he was always one of the guys you had to beat, as are his sons.  Always highly involved in the sport he also put together the Nevada Late Model Tour, a touring series in Nevada and California in the early '90s and did more for racing in the region than most anyone.
   The long time Fallon, NV resident and operator of the truck/bus repair business there, with what I thought was one of the coolest business names ever, C.O.D. Garage could get more out of an old chassis than should have been possible.  He also organized the old Nevada Late Model Tour series in the early '90s.  
   He maintained his interest in the sport to the end and it wasn't uncommon for him to show up riding his Gold Wing at shows anywhere in NV or CA.  I always was happy, but never surprised, to run into him anywhere and we always got to swap idea about the sport, setups and just life in general. I'm glad we were friends for over 30 years as I'm sure innumerable others are.
   Subio was 66 and it's a huge loss to the racing community.  Deepest condolences to his family and friend.  RIP old friend.

IP Logged
C.W.
LMR Mod

DCRR Racing Media

Re: Eusibeo Gonzalez Passes
Reply #1 - 02/17/17 at 6:13pm

Sorry to hear that.  Back in the 1990's, Gary Jacob was sending me articles for my magazine, that included coverage of the Nevada Late Model effort.  Though the field wasn't big, there were usually at least two Gonzales cars in the pack.

DCRR Racing Media
http://dcrrbook.blogspot.com/
http://jeffersonracingnews.blogspot.com/

Covering auto racing for over 30 years. Writing, announcing, consulting, supporting the sport.
WWW   IP Logged
johnny515
LMR Rookie

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Re: Eusibeo Gonzalez Passes
Reply #2 - 02/20/17 at 6:47pm

RIP

IP Logged
Pages: 1

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.