Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 08/18/17 at 11:07am

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerSaturday Night RacerDIRT LATE MODELS › Late Models in Cali.

Pages: 1
Late Models in Cali. (Read 650 times)
Late_Model_Mark
LMR God

Red Clay Report

Late Models in Cali.
06/04/17 at 7:34am

Hope  the interest in this class can rebound even slightly in 17. Bums me out to see the low car counts, yes I know the cost is high, just wishing for a few more to race. Even here at Talladega we are not seeing the 25+ fields of Super we once had. Track saturation and a few promoters that step on others toes with established dates and traditions have thinned the available ranks.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer

IP Logged
C.W.
LMR Mod

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Re: Late Models in Cali.
Reply #1 - 06/04/17 at 6:16pm

You either need somebody to step up and land sponsorship for an 8-10 race schedule with some Northern California and Southern California dates, or you need promoters at Antioch, Bakersfield, Santa Maria and perhaps Placerville to work out a deal.  You can't book the hell out of it and do big car counts.  I think 16-20 cars for select races is possible.

If you can take established races and make them part of the schedule, that would help.  Memorial Day at Santa Maria comes to mind.  Antioch just did the Larry Damitz Memorial and had a good turnout.

The idea of two race weekends might help make it easier to tow north or south.  If they know they are racing twice, that might get more participation.  I think this would take some work, but it is doable.

Former announcer and magazine publisher and co-founder of Spec Sprints... Fighting to preserve racing history and honor the greats who made it so special... As long as we still have local race tracks, the sport has a future... Let's make it a good one!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.