Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register 10/23/18 at 10:43pm

SATURDAY NIGHT RACER
Saturday Night RacerSaturday Night RacerSTREET STOCKS › 10/7 & 10/8 For Super/Pro Stocks

Pages: 1
10/7 & 10/8 For Super/Pro Stocks (Read 575 times)
over4t
LMR God

Leaf lifer

10/7 & 10/8 For Super/Pro Stocks
10/04/17 at 6:57pm

The annual year end question of where to go  on the first weekend of October continues with the Adobe Cup at Petaluma Saturday with a much greater purse than in other years.  A hefty $2,000 to the winner and $100 to start the main. Nice to see for an often under appreciated class.  The filler classes  Wink Grin are the winged 360s and Spec Sprints.

Over in Fallon, NV Rattlesnake Raceway holds their annual Dirt Track Championship Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon with the Pro Stocks running for $1,000 to win EACH day. Be aware that Fallon's idea of an evening show can run till 2 a.m. or later in curfew free Nevada and on more than a couple of occasions we've pulled into our driveway well after sunrise.  At least there's not a lot of traffic on I 80 that time of the night.

Next season's ride will get about 15 miles one way knocked off with the small ranch we just bought a little further up the hill. This will in all likelihood be our last race of the year with the move taking our time and energy.

Finally got the 3rd  Tongue  engine of the year done, installed and broken in today so we'll head for Petaluma on Saturday with a slim possibility of Fallon on Sunday.  We'll play that one by ear.

IP Logged
OLD SCHOOL#6
LMR God

CHEVY RUMBLE !! 

Re: 10/7 & 10/8 For Super/Pro Stocks
Reply #1 - 10/05/17 at 8:43am

I really wish the Adobe race could have been scheduled after the Bud Nats in Bakersfield. Maybe two weeks or so after.  With my guys having a race last weekend (9-30) and the Bud Nats next weekend (10-14), a 6hr drive to Petaluma in beteween the two is not very inviting.  I think I might have one team heading that way.  I can pretty much guarantee at least 10 teams would make the trip if the race was held just a few weeks later.  This would really bolster the car count and put on a great show.  Would any of the scheduling folks be interested in talking???

"SMOKE ' UM" -- the unlawfull act of depositing large amounts of rubber on a hard surface such as asphalt or concrete.
AIM   IP Logged
over4t
LMR God

Leaf lifer

Re: 10/7 & 10/8 For Super/Pro Stocks
Reply #2 - 10/06/17 at 12:52am

I know how you feel Kirk.  We have 4 shows in 3 weeks with Petaluma/ Rattlesnake this weekend, the Bud, which we really enjoy, next weekend and the the Taxi Open at Marysville the weekend after that. Then it's crickets until next spring.

We normally would make at least 3 of them but, unfortunately, this year's move has made that decision easy, if not desirable, for us. But the shop space alone we're gaining will be worth it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1

Saturday Night Racer » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.