Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/18/24 at 3:23am

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Record Breaking Year for Northeast Champion Max Blair (Read 1260 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Record Breaking Year for Northeast Champion Max Blair
11/10/10 at 2:47am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 9, 2010

RECORD BREAKING YEAR FOR 20 YEAR OLD MAX BLAIR; CAPTURES NATIONAL WEEKLY & NORTHEAST TOURING TITLES & RUNNER-UP IN GRAND NAT’S; $35,000 IN FASTRAK POINT MONIES EARNED

By Mike Leone
(Pulaski, PA)…Since Max Blair’s initial foray into the FASTRAK Late Model division in 2008, the Centerville, PA driver has certainly established himself as the driver to beat. Blair’s success in 2008 and 2009 were well documented, and as hard to believe as it is, was able to exceed his previous year numbers for a career best season.

There are many racers that don’t even compete in 24 events in a season, but Blair was able to win that man races...yes 24 races! Twenty-three of those victories came between April 1 and September 30, which easily allowed him to capture the $10,000 National Weekly Series Championship. Blair also won the Weekly Series Championship in 2008. The National Weekly Series looks at FASTRAK member drivers’ best 15 finishes for the season and pays down 50 positions.

Like his Weekly Series Championships in 2008 and 2010, Blair was able to win the $5,000 Northeast Touring Series Championship for the second time in three seasons. Last year, Blair came up just six points shy of David Scott’s inaugural title. Blair started the year off with his first ever win in West Virginia at Tyler County Speedway. Two months later Blair nabbed an exciting $2,000 victory at Expo Speedway and followed that with wins at Raceway 7 and Sharon Speedway. In three seasons, Blair has captured nine Northeast Touring Series victories, which is tops in the four-year history of the Series.

If winning the National Weekly and Northeast Touring Series titles weren’t enough, the third generation racer headed to Wythe Raceway in Rural Retreat, Virginia two weeks ago tied for the prestigious Grand National Championship. Thanks to a win at Mercer Raceway Park in Night 1 on October 2 and a runner-up at Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex on October 9, Max was tied with his father Robbie for the point lead. At Wythe, Max kept his nose clean all night long and stayed out of trouble for a seventh place finish good enough to earn runner-up in points and the rich $20,000 payday!

Blair’s FASTRAK point fund monies totaled $35,000 before any race earnings and local track point funds! He did track titles at Raceway 7 and Tri-City Speedway, and finished runner-up in points at Mercer one year after winning his first track championship in 2009. Blair’s successes came in his Specialty Products/4 Your Car Connection/Moody & Son Welding/Bossard’s Sales & Service-sponsored #111

“This year has been a dream come true,” expressed Blair. “I’ll probably never have one like it again. First and foremost I have to thank my dad, because without him none of this could have been be possible. I’ve always said since I was a little kid in the grandstands at Raceway 7, it was a dream of mine to come out of turn four racing him for the win. This last month has been incredible being able to compete for the Grand Nationals against him. He has taught me so much and I would never be in the position I am today without him. This FASTRAK deal is a great thing and I hope it just keeps growing and growing.”

“Max had a phenomenal season,” stated Northeast Co-Director Vicki Emig. “He has shown over the past three seasons the success one can have by participating in all of FASTRAK’s programs. He’s been very dedicated to all levels of FASTRK and we certainly appreciate his support. We’re very proud of his efforts in the Grand Nationals and how well he performed at Wythe against racers that have a lot more experience on the high-banked, intimidating track.”

Blair’s $35,000 was amongst the $95,000+ that will be distributed to Northeast and Mid-Ohio Valley racers as part of the FASTRAK point funds in 2010!

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.