Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/19/24 at 1:34pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Johnny Pursley Dominates for Main Event Victory at Lancaster (Read 1196 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Johnny Pursley Dominates for Main Event Victory at Lancaster
05/01/11 at 7:27pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
APRIL 30, 2011

Johnny Pursley Dominates for Carolina Clash Victory at Lancaster Speedway

Kelley Carlton
Lancaster, South Carolina – Lancaster Motor Speedway has long been one of Clover, South Carolina racer Johnny Pursley’s favorite racetracks. Pursley has certainly had a past measure of success at LMS, gathering both crate and limited late model wins over his career. On Saturday night at the big half mile oval Pursley added another 4000 reasons to his list of just why he loves Lancaster so much. Pursley dominated the Lancaster, South Carolina track’s Carolina Clash event with a flag-to-flag victory good for $4000. “I love racing at Lancaster. My dad has won a lot of races here and now we have won a few too. The track is fast and smooth and I just have always felt comfortable racing here. This win tonight just reminds me of how much I love this place.” Pursley said in the Lancaster Motor Speedway Winners Circle.

Pursley started out his night in strong fashion by topping the other 32 entrants during time trials. Pursley’s lap of 15.709 seconds (96.210 MPH average) bested veteran Ray Tucker by only a few one hundredths of a second. Reigning Carolina Clash champion Dennis Franklin timed in third quick with Virginian Kennie Compton and Mt. Holly, North Carolina’s Chris Ferguson rounded out the top five. The Carolina Clash format for this event called for the top ten drivers to be locked in to the forty-lap feature event. Also locking into the feature were Jeff Smith, Benji Cole, Ross Bailes, Dustin Mitchell and Mike Huey.

On the first attempt at a start Tucker, who was moved to the inside when Pursley opted to start from the outside pole, was called for a false start. The ensuing melee resulted in 2 drivers (David Taylor and Scott Autry) retiring from the event. When the field reset and went to green again Pursley grabbed the lead ahead of Tucker off of turn two. It was a lead that he would never relinquish. In fact the only serious challenges for Pursley came on restarts after the 8 caution flags. Pursley’s win was his first Carolina Clash triumph of the season and the fifth of his career. “Those guys were rolling up beside me on the starts a little but we had the momentum on the top. Rambo (Franklin) and Ray both drove inside me a couple of times. But this Twin Oaks Racing Rocket was great and we were able to drive away from them. Thanks to my car owner Bob Straight and all of my sponsors our crew guys.” Pursley added.

Johnny Pursley and the Twin Oaks Racing / JPM Motorsports Team would like to thank all of their supporters and sponsors including Twin Oaks Racing, Fred Caldwell Chevrolet, Pursley Grading, Parris Construction, Perry Laney Septic Tanks, Sisco Fire and Safety, Lindsay Harris Grading, JP Environmental Landscaping, Money $avers Heating and Air, Carolina Performance, Industrial Powdercoating, Phil’s Starter and Alternator, Triple K Enterprises, McCarter’s Barber Shop, Travis Boyd Construction, DirtWrap, Eagle Manufacturing, Carolina Lawn and Landscaping, Johnny’s Fireworks, KELCAR Motorsports, Travis Boyd Construction, Big A’s Custom Graphics, Clements Racing Engines, Kenny Lamb Racing Engines, Butler Built Seating, FK Rod Ends, Schaeffer Racing Oil and Lubricants, Arizona Sport Shirts and Hawk Brakes.

To keep track with all of Johnny’s racing endeavors be sure to check out his new website located at www.johnnypursleyracing.com As of now it is likely that Johnny will be back in action in the Twin Oaks Rocket machine beginning this Friday night, May 6th at Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap, Tennessee for the $5000 to win unsanctioned Night #1 of “Border Wars” and then again on Saturday night, May 7th at the Wythe Raceway in Rural Retreat, Virginia for the finale of “Border Wars” which will be sanctioned by the Ultimate Super Late Model Series. The event will also pay $5000 to the winner. For more “Border Wars” event information visit www.ultimatesupers.com , www.volunteerspeedway.com or www.wytheraceway.com

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.