Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 05/19/24 at 6:37pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Booper Bare suffers bad luck at Hagerstown, SBB double next (Read 1005 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Booper Bare suffers bad luck at Hagerstown, SBB double next
05/05/11 at 3:04am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
May 4, 2011

Broken Axel Tube keeps Booper Bare from starting the Greg Kerr Memorial “The Bridge” & “The Rock” up next

Booper Bare unloaded the Chris Cromer/Merrit Sprouse owned Mastersbilt at the legendary Hagerstown Speedway this past Saturday for the Greg Kerr Memorial and set out to battle a large field of 52 Steel Block Bandit late models. After turning a great lap in time trials (6th quick) and winning his competitive heat race, the Rockbridge Baths, Virginia driver was all set to start on the pole for the dash. As final preparations were made and the dash cars were being called to the track, the crew found a broken axle tube on the Jimmy’s Tree Service mount. Unfortunately, the damage was bad enough that the #83 team had to withdraw from the rest of the evening activities. Booper was credit with a 25th place finish.

“Man, I hated to have to sit there and watch the feature” stated Booper. “Hagerstown has not been one of my best tracks over the past couple years, but the car was real good this time. I feel bad for the team; everyone worked so hard this week. I’m happy the cracked tube was found prior to going green though, as it had the potential to tear up a lot of stuff if it would have broken at full speed” added Bare. “We will just go back and get ready for this week. I’m just having so much fun driving for these guys and really look forward to the weekends.”

This weekend will be a busy one for the team. This Friday night the team will stay close to home and compete with the super late models at Natural Bridge Speedway. The race is sanctioned by the Three State Flyer Series and will pay the winner $3,000. Saturday the 83 team will be back on the Bandit trail in Cumberland, Maryland as the Steel Block Bandits will compete at “The Rock” in a $2,000 to win 30 lap feature event.

Booper would like to thank all of the sponsors helping out this year: Jimmy’s Tree Service, JC Body Shop, Fast Frames by James, Devenny’s Automotive, Hoosier Tire Mid Atlantic, Integra Shocks, K.R.S. Graphics, Mastersbilt by Huey, Port City Racing, Poske’s Performance Parts, Simpson race Products, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Weld Wheels, World Wide Racing Fuels & WRT Speedwerx.

Keep up to date with all official Booper Bare news at www.booperbare.com

Upcoming Races:
May 6th – TSF – Natural Bridge Speedway (VA)
May 7th – SBB – Allegany County Speedway (MD)
May 14th – WoO – Winchester Speedway (VA)
May 20th – Potomac Speedway (MD)
May 21st – Winchester Speedway (VA)
May 27th – TSF – Winchester Speedway (VA)
May 28th – SBB – Thunder Valley Speedway (PA)
May 29th – SBB – Central Pa Speedway (PA)

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.