Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/24/24 at 4:45pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Soup Race coming to I-80 Speedway (Read 1051 times)
racer35
YaBB Newbies

Dirt Late Models
Rule!

Soup Race coming to I-80 Speedway
05/17/11 at 10:47am

Its Alphabet Soup time again at I-80 Speedway

A Memorial Day weekend staple returns to I-80 Speedway on Sunday, May 29 with the running of the annual Alphabet Soup Race. This year’s soup is a mixture of CBC (Corn Belt Clash), MLRA (Midwest Late Model Racing Association), and NCRA (National Championship Racing Association). The 50 lap feature will pay $5,000 to win.

The winner of the soup race will receive a provisional into I-80 Speedway’s Silver Dollar Nationals. If that driver qualifies for the SDN through the heat or last chance races of the SDN, (earning a higher starting spot in the SDN), then the highest finisher of the Soup race not qualified for the SDN will receive the provisional from the Soup race and a guaranteed starting spot in the $25,000 to win Silver Dollar Nationals on July 21-23. The Silver Dollar Nationals will be the biggest race in Nebraska Racing History.

Last month at the Spring Meltdown, Brad Looney of Republic, Missouri picked up the win and became the first driver guaranteed a spot in the Silver Dollar Nationals. In 2010, Kelly Boen of Henderson, Colorado won the Alphabet Soup race. In the 2009 version of the Soup Race, after a rain delay, John Anderson of Omaha won one of the most exciting races ever held at I-80 after dueling with Chad Simpson and Kyle Berck.

While mother nature has prevented the CBC from holding a race this year, Chad Simpson of Mt. Vernon, Iowa is the defending series champion. An early season point battle is shaping up in the MLRA between 7-time series champion Al Purkey of Coffeyville, Kansas, Jesse Stovall of Galena, Missouri and Kyle Berck of Marquette, Nebraska. Purkey is also the current NCRA point leader as a result of his win this past weekend at the Sunflower State Showdown.

The A Modifieds will also be race at the Soup Race running IMCA type rules with a 30 lap feature paying $2,000 to win. Many of these drivers will be returning in July for the USMTS portion of the Silver Dollar Nationals.  Finally the mighty Hornets will be racing led by 2010 track champion and NASCAR Division IV National Dirt Champion Jamie Spanel.  Pit Gates open at 3pm, Grandstands at 4:30 with racing at 5:55. Grandstand Admission is $20 for Adults, Kids (6-15) $5 and Children 5 and Under Free.

On Friday, July 1 the three series (CBC, MLRA and NCRA) will return to I-80 for the Midwest Trifecta and one last tune up before the Silver Dollar Nationals. That race will also see another driver earn an automatic starting spot in the Silver Dollar Nationals.

IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.