Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/18/24 at 4:37am

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Jason Covert Sweeps Three State Flyers Weekend (Read 892 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Jason Covert Sweeps Three State Flyers Weekend
06/30/11 at 7:10pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 30, 2011

Jason Covert Sweeps Three State Flyers Weekend

York Haven, PA (June 30, 2011) Barry Klinedinst Motorsports and multi-time regional series champion Jason Covert of York Haven, PA had a memorable weekend while sweeping the dual 'Red Nininger Memorial', Three State Flyers sanctioned events at Hagerstown Speedway on Friday, June 24 and Saturday, June 25 at Winchester Speedway.

Covert took the lead from Alan Sagi on a lap 14 caution and pulled away to collect his second win of the season at the famed Maryland oval. 'I'll just tell you, I wanted it more than those guys tonight,' Covert said. 'Barry (Klinedinst) and the guys worked their guts out to get this car ready. At 9 last night, it didn't have a body and no motor. All the credit goes to them. Racing Alan is always a pleasure but I got to the outside of him and I needed to get in front of him to get the air off his nose. There was one lane below me but we did get together. It was definitely my fault but we do have roll cages, seat belts and helmets in these things. We're not trying to crash, but are out there racing on the edge every night. A bad night here is better than a good day at work so I like being here.'

Jason started on the outside of the front row the next night at Winchester Speedway in Winchester, VA and grabbed the lead from pole sitter D.J. Myers on lap seven. Covert would methodically work his way through traffic for the rest of the event and capture his second Three State Flyers series win in two nights.

'It was a good weekend for us, no doubt about that,' a pleased Covert said, 'to go out and win two races like that, against that competition, says a lot about our race team, how hard they work to keep this race car underneath me. All the credit goes to those guys.'

The BK Motorsports Team will be in action this Independence Day weekend with the Three State Flyers series as they visit Bedford Speedway on Friday, July 1. Then it'll be off to Hagerstown Speedway on Saturday, July 2 for the 50-lap, Johnny Roberts Memorial and Hesston Speedway on Sunday, July 3 for the $5,000 to-win 'Hyper-Thunder by the Lake' sanctioned by both Three State Flyers and Unified Force Race Championship (UFo) Series.

For more information on these events please visit www.threestateflyers.com, www.hagerstownspeedway.com, and www.uforacechampionship.com.

For more information on Jason Covert and Barry Klinedinst Motorsports visit their website at www.kmotorsports43a.com.
Jason Covert and Barry Klinedinst Racing would like to thank all of their sponsors for the 2011 season: Pre-Mach, Inc., Red Wing Shoes, Hershey Racing Engines, Rocket Chassis, Baker Carburetion, Bam's Auto Center, Kuppy's Diner, Dennis Eberly Building & Remodeling, American Racer Tires, Lias Tires, Kendall Oil, Dyers Rods, Stuhler Signs, KRS Graphics, VP Race Fuels, JNJ Motorsports Media, Beyea Headers, Trick, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks and Springs, Jakes Custom Carts, Quarter Master, and consulting from Robbie Allen Enterprises

Written and Distributed by:
JNJ Motorsports Media
www.jnjmotorsportsmedia.com

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.