Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/25/24 at 6:25pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Rusty Schlenk Flips Then Lands With A Win (Read 998 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Rusty Schlenk Flips Then Lands With A Win
07/27/11 at 11:18pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 27, 2011

Rusty Schlenk Flips Then Lands With A Win

JACKSON, Mich. - Rusty Schlenk was coming off of a dismal final week of the 2011 UMP Summer Nationals. Calling it the “Hell Tour” seemed like an understatement once he set off on his qualifying run at Brownstown Speedway.

“I knew it was gonna get bad as soon as I felt it bounce once, It was identical to when I flipped the Lawrence Motorsports car. Flips like that happen so quick there is no saving it. It bounced once grabbed the cushion and sent me flipping. Thanks to Lazer Chassis workmanship and design the cage did its job and I walked away after landing hard on my roof.”

That wreck sent Rusty and team home for the final week of the tour with no starts and a tore up race car. They regrouped and put a new car together and headed to Oakshade Raceway for the tours final stop. Rusty started 4th and finished up 7th at the track he had previously won this race. He was satisfied with his finish but still a little beat up from the wreck.

“I remember flipping the car. I just don't remember getting hit by the Mack truck afterwards.”

The team had plans on running Attica Raceway Park on the 22nd of July but Mother Nature had other things in mind and that race was called due to rain. Saturday night took him back to Oakshade Raceway and set him back in Victory Lane.

“We definitely hit a bad streak about mid season. Broke a motor, a few wrecks, and then the flip was the nail in the coffin. We went home put the new car together and regrouped. We ran above my expectations at the Summer Nationals final at Oakshade the first night on the car. And we got back on track this past Saturday with a win at Oakshade. That gave us some momentum for the end of the season. I have my sights back on defending my UMP National points title now!”

With Rusty's head back in the game the team plans on heading to Attica Raceway Park Friday night. Saturday will take him to the familiar circle of dirt at Oakshade Raceway where he hopes to make gains on his quest to recapture the UMP points title.

Follow Rusty on his Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00000732786425 .

Rusty Schlenk racing would like to thank his fans and these great team associates for keeping him going on his quest: Lazer Chassis, Bernheizel Race Components, Micro Armor Lubricants, Main and Company Precision Machined Components, Kercher Racing Engines, AHB Tooling, Zeller Automotive, Dominator Race Products, Complete Truck Repair, Mordue Moving, Jim's Quality Lawn Care, Allstar Performance, Warpaint Graphix, Accu-Force shock Dyno, AFCO Shocks, Wiles Driveshafts, Landrum Springs, K-B Carbs, VP Race Fuels, Wick Oil, RC2 Filters, and Hoosier Tire

Media Contact: Dan Rice - linkszonepr@yahoo.com

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.