Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/17/24 at 6:18pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
2011 UMP Late Models Track Championship at I-96 Speedway (Read 816 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
2011 UMP Late Models Track Championship at I-96 Speedway
08/25/11 at 12:25am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 24, 2011

2011 UMP Late Models Track Championship at I-96 Speedway to be decided this Saturday, August 27th

by Mike Mouch
Lake Odessa, Michigan (August 24) - This Saturday, August 27th, the Premier division within the United Midwestern Promoters (UMP) DIRTcar Racing Series; The Tinney Automotive UMP Late Models will decide their 2011 Track Champion and Rookie of the Year as they headline 2011 Season Championships Part I at I-96 Speedway in Lake Odessa, Michigan. $1,200 goes to the Feature Winner and the Championship Race pays $200 to start with $50 tow money. 

Going into Championship night, three drivers will decide the outcome of the 2011 Track Title as St. Johns, Michigan standout, Zack Olger will carry a 21-point advantage over Traverse City, Michigan driver, Brandon Thirlby while Muskegon, Michigan's Tom Sprague Jr., is only 15 markers behind Thirlby. Olger simply needs to finish fifth or better in the 2011 Season Championship Feature and he will win his first career Track Championship no matter where Thirlby or Sprague Jr., finish!

In addition, it’s without a doubt the biggest weekend of Olger’s career as he is also the current points leader at near-by Mt. Pleasant Speedway in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan in the track UMP Late Models division and it’s also Season Championships there. Olger has never won a Track Championship! However, he and his team could very well be pulling into I-96 having already secured one track championship and potentially could be aiming for his second such title in two days.

In the chase for the 2011 Rookie of the Year title, it's down to the "Professional Stunt Woman" from Park City, Utah, Kathy Jarvis and former Street Stocks standout, Jason Wiley of Fenwick, Michigan as the two freshmen will decide the Rookie title amongst themselves as Jarvis hangs on to a slim 11-point advantage over Wiley. 

Also on the card will be a regular show for the Lane Automotive UMP Modifieds ($500 to Win - $125 to Start - $25 Tow), Renegade Racing Fuels & Lubricants UMP Street Stocks ($300 to Win - $100 to Start - $25 Tow), and Jim's Auto Body of Portland UMP Sport Compacts ($125 to Win - $25 to Start - $25 Tow) as this event will be the final opportunity for these divisions to gain valuable points before deciding their respective 2011 Track Champions and Rookies of the Year on Saturday, September 24th. 

Also as part of the festivities, there will be a Motorcycle Run starting at 9:00a.m. Contact info for the motorcycle run is Larry Fredrickson (1-616-666-9106) or Randy Tomac (1-616-550-6931). The Band "5 Days Old" is joining Amway and the United Way as part of the Motorcycle Run and will be playing Live in Concert from 3:00-5:00p.m. 

For Saturday, August 27th, the Pit Gates open at 3:00p.m. Grandstand Gates open at 5:00p.m., with Practice (Hot Laps) starting at 6:00p.m. Then after Pre-Race Ceremonies / Invocation / National Anthem(s), Racing begins promptly at 7:00p.m. Ticket Prices are: Adults (13-61): $12.00, Seniors (62 and Over): $8.00, Children (6-12): $5.00, Kids (5 and Under): FREE. Family Pass (A Family Pass will get 2 Adults and 2 Children into the races. Once inside, the Kid’s Club is Free for the Kids!): $30.00. Finally, Pit Passes: $25.00. 

Camping is allowed every weekend in 2011 for absolutely Free. For more information regarding the 2011 racing season at I-96 Speedway, please call: 1 (616) 642-0555 or visit the website at: www.i96speedway.com You can also follow the entire 2011 season in Lake Odessa, Michigan by becoming a fan on the tracks Facebook Fan Page. Just go to: www.facebook.com and search “I-96 Speedway”and click on “Like” today. You can even follow us on Twitter, just go to: www.twitter.com and search “I-96 Speedway”

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.