Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/20/24 at 5:47am

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Keith Barbara Opens 2012 Season with $3,000 Win at Mercer (Read 858 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Keith Barbara Opens 2012 Season with $3,000 Win at Mercer
04/03/12 at 10:44pm

For Immediate Release
April 3, 2012

Keith Barbara Opens 2012 Season with $3,000 Win at Mercer Raceway Park

April 3, 2012 (South Park, PA) Keith Barbara and Forbes Field Motorsports opened their 2012 season this past Saturday, March 31 at the $3,000 to-win, Unified Force Championship Tour sanctioned 'Chiller Thriller' held at Mercer Raceway Park in Mercer, PA. Barbara held off a hard charging Gregg Satterlee of Rochester Mills, PA for all of the scheduled 25 laps to pick up his first win of the season and third win in his last six starts dating back to the 2011 season.

'We had just finished putting the car together,' Barbara said of his brand new Mastersbilt by Huey mount, 'and it was almost perfect. We were a little tight getting into the corners all night but once the car did rotate through the corner, the car would fire out of the corners.' Keith knew that the second starting Satterlee would keep the pressure on, 'Gregg, Jared Miley, Dennis Lunger; those guys are real tough here at Mercer. I just tried to stay smooth and hold my line, I didn't think we were going to be able to get through lapped traffic the way we did but it seemed to work out in our favor.'

Keith hopes the win will catapult him into having a strong season, 'Winning early in the season gives us a big boost in confidence going forward,' Keith said. 'Hopefully we can build off this win and keep the momentum going throughout the season. I want to thank everyone who helps and supports us, Forbes Field Garage, JNJ Motorsports Media, Ran Group Racing Tours, Mastersbilt by Huey, Integra Shocks by Huey, Triangle Benefit Services, Frankland, Hoosier Race Tires, Ryan's Painting, The Dutch Club, the crew, of course my wife Juli and my Mom and Dad. They are the ones that make it all happen.'

Barbara's plans for the 2012 season will of the 'hit or miss' variety as the team does not have a schedule set in stone, 'There's a few things we are looking at as far as schedule goes, like the Appalachian Mountain Speedweek, Firecracker 100 at Lernerville, a few Friday nights at Lernerville, some Saturdays at Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh's PA Motor Speedway); we'd like to do a few different things outside of those events too.' Keith continued, 'There's quite a bit of racing around our area this year and we definitely want to branch out a little more than we've done the past few seasons.'

After his win, Keith was interviewed on the popular internet based radio show, Rappin' on Racin'©. The show, which is celebrating its 29th year on the air, can be heard by visiting www.speedwayproductions.biz and clicking the Rappin' on Racin'© logo on the main page.

Keith and the Forbes Field Motorsports team will be in action this Saturday, April 7 at Pittsburgh's PA Motor Speedway as they kick of their 2012 season. Keep an eye on Keith's website, www.keithbarbara.net , to follow where Keith will be racing in the coming weeks.

For more information on these events please visit www.ppms.com.

For more information on Keith Barbara visit his website at www.keithbarbara.net.

Keith Barbara and Forbes Field Motorsports would like to thank their sponsors for the 2011 season: Forbes Field Garage, JNJ Motorsports Media, RanGroup Racing Tours, Triangle Benefit Services, Forbes Field Motorsports, MasterSbilt by Huey, Domhoff Racing Engines, Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic, Speed Bear Fasteners, The Dutch Club, Snap-on Tools, Potoka Trucking, Precise Racing Products, Ryan's Painting, Wal-Fab Race Car Bodies, and Frankland Rear Ends.

Written and Distributed by:
JNJ Motorsports Media
www.jnjmotorsportsmedia.com

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.