Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/19/24 at 10:42pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Hagerstown Speedway - 8/4 Results (Read 1082 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Hagerstown Speedway - 8/4 Results
08/05/12 at 2:05am

Hagerstown Speedway
August 4, 2012

WEAVER DOMINATES FOR SEASON SECOND TRIUMPH, THE HOOSIER DADDY

Hagerstown, Md. – Pete Weaver of nearby Williamsport led all the way to post his second season triumph in one of Hagerstown Speedway’s premier events for the Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic late model sportsman division, the $1,000 to win Hoosier Daddy, on Elvis Family Night and sponsored by Sherwin Williams Paint.

Steve Lowery of Chambersburg, Pa seized the lead on the final lap of the Ernie D’s pure stock feature to score his second victory of the season while Greencastle, PA’s Kenny Thomas led the first eight and final three laps to score his season fourth D & D Auto Recycling hobby stock feature and a post-race inspection after being protested confirmed the win.

Weaver started fifth and after three attempts to get the race underway, he quickly sped low off the second turn to grab the lead on the opening lap.

Leading by nearly four seconds with five to go, a caution grouped the field for the final two laps and he took the win over 11th starter Kyle Lear by .983 seconds for his career 21st.

“This is pretty cool,” Weaver said. “This is one of the biggest races of the year and we’re glad to win it. We spun running Winchester last week and I needed to redeem myself. The car was good on the bottom. I don’t run down there much but it was the place to be tonight."

On the second lap of the late model sportsman, Donnie Farlling received the worst of an incident in the fourth turn as he ended on his roof which brought the field to stop under a red flag.

With Weaver leading, seventh starter Rick Hulson was into the runner up spot by the third lap and while chasing Weaver down the backstretch, his motor detonated and erupted into a fireball to bring the caution on lap six.

On the restart Weaver continued undaunted as Chaz Walls took over second and then was passed by Scott Palmer on lap nine. Lear got past Andy Fries and then disposed of Palmer on lap 15 as Weaver continued to extend his lead but Chaz Walls coasted to a stop on the 23rd lap. Weaver didn’t let Lear get close enough to present a serious challenge in the final two laps.

“I cannot say enough about Doug Timmons and his father Doug Timmons Sr,” Weaver said. “We’re going to part ways nest year. It’s been one hell of a ride and I want to thank them for helping me and my son Justin. This might be the last time we get back here. It’s time to get behind him (Justin) and get him winning every night.”

Third went to Wayne Walls Jr. who came from 16th place with Fries coming from 15th and Palmer ending fifth. Sixth was Terry Flaherty who started 23rd and earned the Liberty Auto and Tire Hard Charger award. He was followed by 12th starter Justin Weaver, Cory Houck, Chaz Walls, and Ralph Morgan Jr. Ronnie Dennis, Houck, Morgan and C. Walls were the heat winners while Dave Leidy and Sam Gallagher won the B mains.

Kenny Dillon started on the outside pole of the pure stocks and pulled ahead of Darrin Younker on the start to maintain a ten car length advantage. Lowery came from ninth and took second from Younker on lap eight as Dillon had a nearly two second lead. Lowery continued to chop away each lap until arriving on Dillon’s bumper by the 13th lap just as the caution flag appeared. Lowery put the pressure on and slid under after the white flag to lead the paying lap and by a mere .106 seconds.

“I was really hoping for a caution,” Lowery said. “I didn’t think I’d run him down and pass him. We got lucky with a caution at the right time.”

Third went to Kevin Boyer with Chris Ebersole and Keith Koontz completing the top five. Younker, Drew Fitzsimmons and Dillon were heat winners. Mike Sanders was the Ecton and Son Repair and Service hard charger for his 24th to 12th effort.

The hobby stocks went all the way under green with Thomas and Mark Vegh starting from the front row after time trials and a four car invert. Thomas led by several lengths until he got high in turn two and hit the fence but gathered it in and continued. Vegh’s racer was smoking and slowing some as Thomas closed in and got past to lead the final three laps and win by 1.175 seconds over Vegh and Gary Proctor who was disqualified in a post-race inspection thus giving third to Bill Ecton Sr. The Lucky 7 winner (#4) winner then became William Crook with Mike Hyatt ending fifth.

The latest news, results, photos, schedule or rule changes can be on the speedway’s website: www.hagerstownspeedway.com. Follow the speedway on Twitter and Facebook. Also check the website for any changes in weather conditions that may delay or cancel the program or contact the speedway office at 301-582-0640.

Hagerstown Speedway Results

Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic Late Model Sportsman, 25 Laps, 35 Entries, (Lap Leaders: Pete Weaver 1-25): 1.Pete Weaver, 2.Kyle Lear, 3.Wayne Walls Jr., 4.Andy Fries, 5.Scott Palmer, 6.Terry Flaherty (Liberty Auto and Tire Hard Charger), 7.Justin Weaver, 8.Cory Houck, 9.Chaz Walls, 10.Ralph Morgan Jr., 11.Chad Myers, 12.Paul Cursey, 13.Sam Gallagher, 14.Nick Pappas, 15.Tyler Horst, 16.Jeff King, 17.Courney Shreiner, 18.Mike Walls, 19.Rick Hulson, 20.Kris Eaton, 21.Dave Leidy, 22.Jason Smith, 23.Donnie Farlling, 24.Matt Sponaugle, 25.Ronnie Dennis, 26.Josh Berrier, DNQ – Fred Harden, Kevin Palmer, Ryan Walls, Ray Ciccarelli, Tyler Castle, Travis Wilson, Elwood Sord, Paul Pappas, Sammy Schaffer

Ernie D’s Pure Stocks, 15 Laps, 25 Entries, (Lap Leaders: Kenny Dillon 1-14, Steve Lowery 15) 1.Steve Lowery, 2.Kenny Dillon, 3.Kevin Boyer, 4.Chris Ebersole, 5.Keith Koontz, 6.Darrin Younker, 7.Drew Fitzsimmons, 8.Tony Catlett, 9.Tony Stoneberger, 10.Kevin Koontz, 11.Brandon Churchey, 12.Mike Sanders (Ecton and Son Repair and Service Hard Charger) 13.Michael Kratovchvil, 14.Kenny Day, 15.Bruce Leibowitz, 16.Dustin Proctor, 17.Billy Ecton Jr., 18.Dave Stouffer Jr,, 19.Wayne Hawbaker, DNS- Charlie Pensinger, Brian Cornett, Frank Dibella, Brian Swiger, Brian Miller, Pat McClane

D & D Auto Recycling Hobby Stocks, 15 Laps, 13 Entries, (Lap Leaders: Kenny Thomas 1-8, Mark Vegh 9-13, K.Thomas 14-15) 1.Kenny Thomas, 2.Mark Vegh, 3.Bill Ecton Sr., 4.William Crook (Bill Davis Home Improvement Lucky 7 Winner), 5.Mike Hyatt, 6.Kyle Durboraw, 7.Dave Shatto, 8.Jason Sarver, 9.Rick Turner, 10.Kelly Williams, 11.Matt Smith, DNS – Tom Caravello, DSQ – Gary Proctor

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.