Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/25/24 at 1:36pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway - 6/8 Results (Read 1601 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway - 6/8 Results
06/09/13 at 1:41pm

Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
June 8, 2013

Stephans Scores First Ever Super Late Victory
Hall Claims Career First Pro-Late Win

PITTSBURGH, PA (June 8) - It was a night of firsts at Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway as veteran Jim Stephans captured his first ever victory in Diehl of Robinson Super Late Model action and Ron Hall scored his inaugural win in the Precise Racing Products RUSH Pro-Late Model main event.

The 25 lap Super Late Model main event saw second generation racer Brandon Burgoon lead the first 12 circuits. Burgoon built up a half lap lead on fellow competitors John Garvin, Jr., Jim Stephans and Jared Miley despite an engine that developed a miss. When the event's first caution flew on lap 12 for Michael Norris, who had slowed for a flat tire, Burgoon ducked into the pit area for the crew to check out the problem in the motor department and Garvin inherited the top spot. Garvin would go on to lead the next two laps before Baldwin, PA veteran Stephans would take the top spot. The event's second and final caution flew on lap 18 when Ben Miley spun. The ensuing restart found Jared Miley challenging Stephans for the top spot but the Bladwin, PA veteran was determined to hold of the youngster's challenges. Stephans determination paid off as he went on to collect his first ever Super Late Model victory over Miley, Burgoon, Garvin and Lynn Geisler.

"I lost the lead on a restart two weeks ago and I was determined not to let that happen again," stated an elated Stephans in victory lane. "I need to thank my sponsors, Colbert's Collision and Advance Auto Parts of Brentwood for their support. In addition I also need to thank my brother, my nephew and my entire crew for their hard work and dedication; without them I would not be here."

Burgoon and Jared Miley scored the wins in heat race action and Miley also picked up the Awesome Hard Charger award in the main event as he advanced ten spots.

Like Stephans, Hookstown, PA resident Ron Hall has been close to victory on several occasions this season and he finally "shook the bad luck monkey off of his back" tonight as he scored an impressive win in the RUSH Pro-Late main event.

Hall started on the pole and led the entire distance of the 20 lap feature event to pick up his first ever feature victory in the J.R. Hall Excavating/DJ's Quick Stop/JRG Dentistry Rocket Chassis.

"Two weeks ago we blew a motor and were forced to miss last week's action so this win is definitely special. The motor was missing the entire time but it is the strongest power plant I have ever had under the hood," commented a very happy Hall. "Hopefully we can return to victory lane again this season."

Josh Holtgraver had his best PPMS finish of the year as he brought home a solid second place finish. Tommy Schirnhofer, Nico Dabecco and Justin Lamb completed the top five.

Hall and birthday girl Laura Lukon picked up the heat race wins.

Newcomer Phil Liebmann rounded out the trio of first time winners as he won the Wacky Wheels Figure Eight event. Joe Podlinsky, Kurt Habedl, Josh Langer and Andrew Loria rounded out the field.

Diehl of Robinson Super Late Models: 38 Jim Stephans, H1 Jared Miley, 02 Brandon Burgoon, J4 John Garvin, Jr., 1C Lynn Geisler, 1L Kyle Lukon, 10 Alex Ferree, 72 Michael Norris, 99 Ben Miley, 7M Michael Davis, 12 Daryl Charlier, 44 Derek Stefanick, 2J Mike Johnson, 34 Herb Reich-DNS

Precise Racing Products RUSH Pro Late Models: 01 Ron Hall, 00 Josh Holtgraver, 8S Tommy Schirnhofer, F1 Nico Dabecco, 93X Justin Lamb, 1L Kyle Lukon, 75 Colton Flinner, 12 Brian Goebel, 2M Chuck Medved, 18 Chris Lander, 27 Tony White, 14B Be Policz, 28 Bryant Hank, 27L Lauren Longbrake, 84 Laura Lukon, 14G Jake Gunn, 15 Mark Moats, 3J Paul Jablonski

Racing action at Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway continues next Saturday, June 15th, with the Herb Scott Memorial headlining the racing action. The 40 lap main event will pay the winner $4,000 to win and it part of the Inaugural 'Icon Memorial Tour' that will kick off at the Tyler County Speedway on Thursday, June 13th. The racing action will continue the next evening at Wayne County Speedway and then conclude at West Virginia Motor Speedway on Sunday, June 16th.

Late Model competitors are reminded that the following tire will be permitted next Saturday: American Racer / 44, 48, or 56, Hoosier / 1300, 1425, or 1600, LM / 20 or 40

The E-Mods will also return to "Dirt's Monster Half Mile" next Sunday as part of the Herb Scott Memorial. They will compete in a 25 lap feature event paying $1,200 to win. The Pro-Lates, Late Model Sportsman, Hobby Stocks and Young Guns will round out next Saturday's racing action.  Gates for next week's racing action ill open at 5:00PM with racing beginning at 7:00PM.

Fans are also encouraged to sign up for free race day text messages to get the latest information on weather or traffic delays that may impact the racing action by clicking on the "Rained Out" logo on the speedway website, www.ppms.com.

Additional information is also available on the speedway website: www.ppms.comor by contacting the speedway office at (412) 279-RACE (7223). Race fans can follow Pittsburgh's PA Motor Speedway at www.twitter.com/PAMotorSpeedway and http://www.facebook.com/Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway.  

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.