Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/18/24 at 9:01pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Carolina Clash at Lancaster Speedway - 8/24 Results (Read 1713 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Carolina Clash at Lancaster Speedway - 8/24 Results
08/25/13 at 2:56am

Carolina Clash Super Late Models
Lancaster Speedway
August 24, 2013

Dennis Franklin Wins Sixth Carolina Clash Feature at Lancaster Speedway
Franklin Holds off Early Charges from Johnny Pursley and Justin Labonte for $4,000 Win.

by Mark Huey
LANCASTER, SC (August 24) - Dennis Franklin picked up his fifth win in seven races with the Carolina Clash, making a significant statement in the Roush Yates Performance Products Countdown to the Cup Championship Series sponsored by JE Pistons. Franklin notched yet another win on the series, moving him to second place in the all-time win list among active drivers. The win was the 28th all-time win on tour and third all-time at Lancaster among 12 races in series history.

The driver who suffered a discouraging 25th place finish was Ross Bailes, who entered the race in 5th for points. He is now outside of the top 10 in the championship point series. Johnny Pursley also had a disastrous points night as he fell out of the race with 4 laps to go while running second. He dropped to fifth in the standings.

The big movers for the event were Luke Roffers and Ricky Weeks, who both scored a top five finish and moved into second and fourth in the standings. Tim Allen finished a respectable 8th in the race and maintained his third place position in the points.

Damon Kotke continues to lead the Rookie of the Year point standings, now leading by 27 points (274 - 247).

Mike Huey of Blackstock, SC started the field in the 24th position driving a limited late model he usually races at Lancaster Speedway. He was the Safety-Kleen Hard Charger of the Race, advancing 8 spots from the 24th place starting position.

Justin Labonte, Johnny Pursley and Chris Ferguson were stout all during the opening segment of the race, until a mid-race caution halted their progress as Rambo was battling in and around lapped traffic.

The second half of the event was much smoother for Franklin, who commented that he may have missed the setup but had the car come to him as the race progressed in the second half.

Franklin commented on another win and another step closer to the championship.

"Yeah, I love this place as it is one of my favorite racetracks. I tried to set the car up to run up against the wall, but it just wouldn't work as good up there. I finally figured out that it handled better if I moved down to the center. This car is just awesome and M&W Towing, AES, Nichols Plumbing, Barry Wright and Clements just continues to show the winning combination."

The series now moves to Cherokee Speedway, next Sunday afternoon, for the Cherokee Speedway Hall of Fame Race.

Full Unofficial Results - August 14, 2013 - Carolina Speedway
1. Dennis Franklin
2. Chris Ferguson
3. Luke Roffers
4. Ricky Weeks
5. Justin Labonte
6. Dustin Mitchell
7. Chris Blackwell
8. Tim Allen
9. Shaun Harrell
10. Scott Shirey
11. Anthony Sanders
12. Mike Gault
13. Frank Coates
14. Michael Marlowe
15. Damon Kotke
16. Mike Huey
17. Johnny Pursley
18. Kyle Pierce
19. Gary Mabe
20. Chris Hargett
21. Kevin Wilson
22. John Pursley
23. Mike Parker
24. Kenny Rominger, Jr.
25. Ross Bailes

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.