Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 03/29/24 at 1:11am

KEIZER

Pages: 1
I-77 Speedway to Host LOLMDS sanctioned Hillbilly Hundred (Read 1630 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
I-77 Speedway to Host LOLMDS sanctioned Hillbilly Hundred
12/05/13 at 4:47pm

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series
December 5, 2013

I-77 Speedway to Host Hillbilly Hundred Sanctioned by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series

WAYCROSS, GA (December 5) - The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series and famed promoter Carl Short are pleased to announce the location for this year's Hillbilly Hundred. The Hillbilly Hundred will return to the state of West Virginia at I-77 Raceway Park in Ripley, WV on Sunday August 31st. The 46th Annual Hillbilly Hundred will pay $25,000 to win and $1,000 to start for this one day crown jewel event. I-77 Raceway will host the Hillbilly Hundred for the third year in a row in 2014. Mike Marlar won a thrilling race in 2012, coming from the 24th starting spot to win the event, while Jimmy Owens won another exciting race at I-77 Raceway Park in 2013 at the racy 3/8 mile bull ring in front of one of the biggest spectator crowds the track has ever seen.

"I can't express how excited we are to be able to host the Hillbilly Hundred again and partner with Carl Short and the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. We're pumped to be a part of this big weekend and really looking forward to having the national stars of the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series visit our track again. The racing has been outstanding the past two years and the series staff really runs a very efficient show that our fans enjoy", stated track promoter Kenny Newhouse.

The 46th Annual Hillbilly Hundred will be the final event of a three race weekend for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series on the traditional labor-day weekend in 2014. The series will start the holiday weekend on Friday night August 29th at Attica Raceway Park in Attica, OH with a 50-lap $10,000 feature event, then travel to Portsmouth Raceway Park in Portsmouth, OH on Saturday night August 30th for another 50-lap $10,000 to win feature event. The series concludes the weekend at I-77 Raceway Park with the 100-lap Hillbilly Hundred $25,000 to win feature event.

"After considering several options where to hold the Hillbilly Hundred in 2014, I'm looking forward to going back to I-77 Raceway Park and keeping the tradition of the event in the state of West Virginia. Working with Ritchie Lewis and the entire staff of the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series brings a great level of professionalism, along with the support and marketing benefits within their organization and everything they bring to an event. It just makes good sense to continue our partnership with them", stated Carl Short.

To learn more about the Hillbilly Hundred and I-77 Raceway Park, visit their track website at www.racei77.com or contact Carl Short directly at (865) 945-3423 or email at Carlshort2007@gmail.com.

For the latest breaking news on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, visit the series' website at www.lucasdirt.com. 

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.