Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/24/24 at 4:32pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Lucas Oil Series at East Bay Raceway Park - 2/15 Day Results (Read 5463 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Lucas Oil Series at East Bay Raceway Park - 2/15 Day Results
02/15/14 at 2:21pm

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series
East Bay Raceway Park
February 15, 2014

Bobby Pierce Takes First Career East Bay Win on Saturday Afternoon

LOLMDS Media
TAMPA, FL (February 15) - Bobby Pierce took the lead at the start of the race and never looked back as he went on to win Saturday afternoon at East Bay Raceway Park. It was Pierce's first ever win at East Bay as well as his first career Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series victory. Pierce was followed across the finish line by Gregg Satterlee, Steve Francis, Billy Moyer, Jr., and Eddie Carrier Jr.

"It feels great to win here at East Bay. My dad never won here. We have been coming down here for three years now and to finally break through with this win, I don't know what to say," said the 17-year-old, who became the second youngest driver to win a Winternationals event in a Late Model at East Bay.

"I am going to have to text my buddy Tyler Reddick, and tell him I won. He is the youngest to win here [when he was 15], so I have to rub it in a little. It was important to win that first heat and get the pole. We have had a tough week with our other car. I am not sure if something is bent on it or what, so we brought this one out today. If dad let's me, I guess I should drive it tonight," said the winner.

"My biggest challenge today was to conserve tires. Obviously, in a day race there was no moisture out there. You have to drive the car straighter. Traffic wasn't too bad out there. I kept some distance between myself and the last place car for a while, and then I thought I had better get going. I knew someone was close behind me, so I had to pick up the pace a little bit," said the driver of the Pierce Posse, Champion, Bob Pierce Race Cars, Pro Power Racing Engines, Chevrolet.

Satterlee is racing at East Bay this week for the first time in his career, and finished second today. "The car was really good. You have to be extremely patient in those conditions during the day. I think we did a good job with the tires as well. We developed an oil leak there towards the end of the race, so we will take a look at that before tonight's show, and hopefully win tonight."

On the first lap, Francis quickly moved up two spots from his third-row starting spot. He stayed there the rest of the race to finish third. "We just hung around, hoping something would happen to the 32 and the 22 car, so we could gain a spot or two. They drove a great race. I saw some smoke out of Satterlee's car towards the end. I didn't know if it was an oil leak or tire smoke. We will take third and head to tonight's race. We have been struggling some this week. It's a point's race, so we have to go and make some adjustments."

Completing the top ten were Jimmy Owens, Eric Jacobsen, Ray Cook, Brian Shirley, and John Blankenship.

In preliminary action, Billy Moyer Jr. set the overall Miller Welders Fast Time (Group B) amongst the
35 entrants, with a lap of 15.196 seconds. Eddie Carrier Jr. set the fastest time in Group A with a time of 15.350 seconds. Bobby Pierce, Gregg Satterlee, Billy Moyer Jr., and Ray Cook. won their respective heat races. Kenny PettyJohn won the B-Main.

For the latest breaking news on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, log onto www.lucasdirt.com.

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series
 Race Summary
Saturday DAY, February 15th, 2014
38th Annual East Bay Winternationals
East Bay Raceway Park - Tampa, FL

1 1 32 Bobby Pierce Oakwood, IL
2 3 22s Gregg Satterlee Rochester Mills, PA
3 5 15 Steve Francis Ashland, KY
4 2 21JR Billy Moyer Jr. Batesville, AR
5 9 28 Eddie Carrier Jr. Salt Rock, WV
6 7 20 Jimmy Owens Newport, TN
7 8 5J Eric Jacobsen Watsonville, CA
8 4 53 Ray Cook Brasstown, NC
9 10 81 Brian Shirley Chatham, IL
10 19 23 John Blankenship Williamson, WV
11 15 91P Jason Papich Nipomo, CA
12 22 89 Booper Bare Rockbridge Baths, VA
13 21 38 Kenny PettyJohn Millsboro, DE
14 13 16 Justin Rattliff Campbellsville, KY
15 25 99m Devin Moran Dresden, OH
16 18 81JR Jason Riggs Harrisburg, IL
17 26 25x Mike Benedum Salem, WV
18 6 28e Dennis Erb Jr. Carpentersville, IL
19 23 4-Ds Chad Hollenbeck Montrose, PA
20 16 12 Jason Hughes Watts, OK
21 17 1J Davey Johnson Greensburg, PA
22 24 B12 Kevin Weaver Gibson City, IL
23 20 21d Dan Stone Thompson, PA
24 14 777 Jared Landers Batesville, AR
25 12 116 Randy Weaver Crossville, TN
26 11 5 Don O'Neal Martinsville, IN

Heat Race #1 (10 Laps, Top 5 Transfer): Bobby Pierce, Steve Francis, Eddie Carrier Jr., Justin Rattliff, Davey Johnson, Kenny PettyJohn, Chad Hollenbeck, Joe Denby, Adam Bowman

Heat Race #2: Gregg Satterlee, Jimmy Owens, Don O'Neal, Jason Papich, John Blankenship, Booper Bare, Kevin Weaver, Nick Davis, Leon Henderson

Heat Race #3: Billy Moyer Jr., Dennis Erb Jr., Brian Shirley, Jared Landers, Jason Riggs, Mike Benedum, Devin Moran, Jay Morris

Heat Race #4: Ray Cook, Eric Jacobsen, Randy Weaver, Jason Hughes, Dan Stone, Vic Coffey, Dennis Franklin, James O'Hara

B-Main (12 Laps, Top 4 Transfer): Kenny PettyJohn, Booper Bare, Chad Hollenbeck, Kevin Weaver, Devin Moran, Mike Benedum, Vic Coffey, Nick Davis, Joe Denby, James O'Hara, Jay Morris, Adam Bowman, Dennis Franklin

Strawberry Dash Finish (Winner Transfers): Mike Benedum, Jay Morris, James Ohara

Fast Time Group A: Eddie Carrier Jr. / 15.350 seconds
Fast Time Group B: Billy Moyer Jr. / 15.196 seconds

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.