Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 10/21/24 at 7:22pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Garrett Alberson Wins First Event of 2014; Makes Big Announcement (Read 1333 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Garrett Alberson Wins First Event of 2014; Makes Big Announcement
04/09/14 at 12:25am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 8, 2014

Garrett Alberson Wins First Event of 2014; Makes Big Announcement

by Ben Shelton
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico (April 8) - Garrett Alberson returned to familiar territory on Saturday evening in a Championship Dirt Motorsports (CDM) Weekly Racing Series event at Southern New Mexico Speedway (Las Cruces, New Mexico) and came away with his first victory of the season in his #43 Deetz Racing/Batteries Plus Bulbs/Mastersbilt/Pro Power Racing Engine Super Late Model.

Alberson started the night by finishing second in his preliminary heat race, locking him into the fourth starting position for the main event.  When the feature went green, Garrett took over the top spot early and built a comfortable lead at the front of the pack.  As he began to work lap traffic, contact with a lap car caused him to spin, but Alberson was able to keep his momentum and retain the top spot.  The hometown driver went on to claim the victory over Christy Georges, Rick Ortega, Eric McNutt, and Jeff Whyman.

Defending NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Champion, Matt Crafton, piloted a team car in the weekly racing event as well.  Crafton finished sixth in his heat race which earned him the twelfth starting spot for the feature.  During the course of the main event, Matt advance six positions en route to a solid sixth place finish.

Complete results are available at www.ChampionshipDirtMotorsports.com

With the win Alberson closes a chapter of his career and begins a new one as he is now in the process of relocating to Shreveport, Louisiana to work for Stuckey Enterprises.  He also will take his race operation including two cars with him.

"This is a deal that that started coming together over the winter, and I'm both excited and a little nervous to finally be making the move," comments Alberson.  "I can't thank Dave and Anita Deetz enough for their support as well as my amazing family and sponsors.  Ronnie Stuckey is offering me a great opportunity, and I'm excited to give it a shot." He concludes by noting, "Hopefully this is the first step toward making a future in Dirt Late Model racing."

Garrett is currently unsure of when his next race will be, but he may compete in the $3,000-to-win, unsanctioned event at Thunder Valley Speedway (Glenmora, Louisiana) this Saturday, April 12th.  For more information on the event please visit www.ThunderValleySpeedwayLA.com .

Garrett Alberson would like to thank all of his sponsors including Deetz Racing, Batteries Plus Bulbs, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Rio Grande Foot Clinic, Argyle Welding Supply Co., Wehrs Machine, J. Craig's Tile Company, Indy Screen Print, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Garrett Alberson please visit www.GarrettAlberson.com .

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.