Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 05/19/24 at 5:39pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Hagerstown Speedway - 5/24 Results (Read 3393 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Hagerstown Speedway - 5/24 Results
05/24/14 at 12:14pm

Hagerstown Speedway
May 24, 2014

GREGG SATTERLEE POSTS SECOND LATE MODEL WIN AT HAGERSTOWN
JUSTIN WEAVER GETS SECOND LATE MODEL SPORTSMAN WIN BY AN UNUSUAL CIRCUMSTANCE

by Bob Vores
HAGERSTOWN, MD. (May 24) – Following several showers that delayed Hagerstown Speedway/Dirt Capitol getting underway by close to two hours on Saturday evening, a five car invert put Gregg Satterlee on the outside pole for the Hoosier Tire Mid Atlantic Late Model feature and he made good of the starting position by leading all 35 laps to bank the $3,000 winning share after beating Marvin Winters to the finish by 2.47 seconds. It was his second victory of the season and second of the weekend, having won Friday night at Bedford. 

“We had a good car,” Satterlee, of Rochester Mills, Pa. said. “The track was in good shape like it always is. I had some luck with the redraw and invert and got to start on the front row. Starting spots are a huge thing here and we were able to get the lead on the start.  I caught lapped traffic in the middle of the race and my guy was telling me my lead was shrinking pretty quickly. The caution came out and I was able to have a clean race track and hold on for the win. When you catch them and they’re racing two wide, it’s hard to get by them quickly. The caution fell in our favor.”

Allen Brannon and Satterlee were on the front row for the Late Model start as Satterlee charged around the top and exited turn two with the lead over Brannon as third starting Winters got past Kenny Moreland on the second lap for third.

Satterlee caught the rear of the field by lap nine and continued to maneuver past several cars while Winters passed Brannon on the 14th lap and began to close on Satterlee who got occupied with two rear cars racing side by side. Winters was all but knocking on the door when the first caution came out on lap 20. One lap was made before the yellow was displayed again but following the green, Satterlee was off and running and continued stretching his lead until encountering another rear car on the final lap.

Winters trailed by 2.47 seconds while Moreland was holding on to the third spot. Jamie Lathroum entered the top five after starting 15th and finished fourth with C. S. Fitzgerald ended fifth. Jerry Bard came on strong following the final restart and ended sixth after starting 17th with Brannon, Friday’s winner Keith Jackson, Trever Feathers and Roy Deese Jr., from 14th, completing the top ten.  Jackson, Moreland and Winters were the heat winners.

By virtue of posting the Mallory Ford Late Model Sportsman victory, Justin Weaver of nearby Williamsport locked in a guaranteed starting spot in Sunday’s Mallory $1,000 to win event.

Scott Palmer sat on the pole following a three car inversion and pulled into the lead over Terry Flaherty and Kyle Lear. Following a lap six restart, he was edging away from Flaherty while Weaver was coming from eighth and moved into second with Palmer just over two seconds ahead. Weaver was closing the gap until Palmer was caught up in an eight car incident that happened in turn one when he was approaching and he slid into the melee nearly blocking the track. 

Weaver took over for the restart and had to fend off Lear while Andy Fries moved into challenge him. Weaver pulled away in the final laps to beat Lear by a second at the line. 

Fries held to third over Dominic Defino and Kyle Lee who came from 12th. Flaherty, Palmer and Barry Lear Sr. won the heats with James Lichliter and Frankie Plessinger winning the consolations.

“I don’t know if I could have got to Scott but I was going to give him a shot on that restart and it was tough to see what happened to him down there,” Weaver said. “We took advantage of it. I hated to see it happen like that, but it is what it is.”

Starting fourth in the K Lynn Management Pure Stock feature invert, it was another dominating run for Mike Corbin who took over on the second lap when Tony Catlett blew an engine after leading the opening lap. Corbin was in control while Chris Ebersole moved into the runner up spot on the fourth lap, but Corbin continued on to take the win by 1.31 seconds. Darrin Younker came from 11th to claim third while Kenny Dillon and Rick Stouffer completed the top five. 

Kevin Thomas slid forward to start on the outside pole with Ryan Laye advancing to fourth as the pair pulled to the front of the Cochran Associates Four Cylinders over Gary Newell. Thomas held Laye one to two lengths behind until the seventh lap when Laye began his assault, diving under Thomas in both ends of the track for the final four laps but Laye had to settle for the runner up spot as Thomas, of St. Thomas , PA held him off by two lengths. 

Matt Wallace took the lead from Roland Brown on the 12th lap of the Classic Car Series event. He went on to beat Brown by three lengths with Steve Clemo and Neal Reamer in the next positions. 

The latest news, results, photos, schedule or rule changes can found be on the speedway’s website: www.hagerstownspeedway.com.  Also check the website for any changes in weather conditions that may delay or cancel the program or contact the speedway office at 301-582-0640.

HAGERSTOWN SPEEDWAY/DIRT CAPITOL LLC RESULTS

Hagerstown/Roaring Knob Challenge; Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic Late Models, 25 Laps: 1.Gregg Satterlee, 2.MarvinWinters, 3.Kenny Moreland, 4.Jamie Lathroum, 5.C.S. Fitzgerald, 6.Jerry Bard, 7.Allen Brannon, 8.Keith Jackson, 9.Trevor Feathers, 10.Roy Deese Jr., 11.Steve Axtell Jr., 12.Ronnie DeHaven Jr., 13.Gene Knaub, 14.Bryan Bernheisel, 15.D.J. Myers, 16.Vic Coffee, 17.Brian Tavenner, 18. Jeff Rine, 19.Matt Cosner, 20.Jacob Burdett, 21.KeithWalls, 22.Jim Bernheisel, 23.Gary Stuhler, 24.Wayne Johnson, 25.Andy Anderson

Mallory Ford Late Model Sportsman, 20 Laps: 1.Justin Weaver, 2. Kyle Lear, 3.Andy Fries, 4.Dominic Defino, 5.Kyle Lee, 6.Chad Myers, 7.Paul Cursey, 8.Terry Flaherty, 9.Bobby Beard, 10.Frankie Plessinger, 11.James Lichliter, 12.Barry Lear Sr., 13.Jeff King, 14.Tyler Horst, 15.Chaz Walls, 16.Eric Irvin, 17.Kris Eaton, 18.Billy Farmer, 19.Donnie Farlling, 20.Brian Cornett, 21.Scott Palmer, 22.Ray Ciccarelli, 23.Mike Walls, 24.Andy Yoder, 25.Steve Lowery, 26.Scott Cline, 27.Will Rowe, 28.Rick Singleton, DNQ-Shaun Patterson, Travis Calhoun, Taylor Farlling, Elwood Sord, Rodney Walls, Garrett Walls, Larry Neiderer, Rick Hulson

K. Lynn Management LLC Pure Stocks, 12 Laps: 1.Mike Corbin, 2.Chris Ebersole, 3.Darrin Younker, 4.Kenny Dillon, 5.Rick Stouffer, 6.Wayne Hawbaker, 7.Drew Fitzsimmons, 8.Frank Dibella, 9.Nick Dibella, 10.Kenny Day, 11.Ben Morrow, 12.Jeremy Mills, 13.Thomas Martin, 14.Brian Miller, 15.Danny Farlling, 16.Tony Catlett, 17.Jamie Zentmyer

Cochran Auctioneers Four Cylinders, 10 Laps: 1.Kevin Thomas, 2.Ryan Laye, 3.Gary Newell, 4.Matt Williamson, 5.William Kressler, 6.Gary Dehart, 7. Bryan Neff. DNS-Adam Lyman

WWW   IP Logged
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Hagerstown Speedway - 5/23 Results
Reply #1 - 05/25/14 at 4:42am

Hagerstown Speedway
May 23, 2014

KEITH JACKSON WINS EMOTIONAL ERNIE JONES 22 AT HAGERSTOWN
RICH EICHELBERGER DOMINATES 1ST VISIT BY SUPER SPORTSMAN  

by Bob Vores
HAGERSTOWN, MD. (May 23) – In the first of three shows over the Memorial Day holiday weekend at Hagerstown Speedway/Dirt Capitol LLC,, Keith “Action” Jackson recorded his first ever Hoosier Tire Mid Atlantic Late Model triumph at the facility in the Ernie Jones 22 while Rich Eichelberger dominated the season’s first appearance for the Blazer’s Auto Body Super Sportsman to score that victory after previously winning at the track on September 9, 2010.  

For Jackson of Odenton, Md., it was his second win in his second time out this season, having won last Saturday at Winchester. Starting fifth, he took the lead from Devin Friese following a seventh lap restart and relinquished two lengthy leads on Kenny Moreland to win a one lap shootout over Moreland by .703 seconds.

“I can’t believe it,” Jackson said. “This race means way more to me than any win I’ve ever had. Ernie meant a lot to me and I really know he was looking out for us tonight. He was a great friend. When he and Rick gave me the opportunity to drive their car it meant the world to me. I just can’t say enough. It’s two in a row and my first one here.”

Eichelberger, of Dillsburg, Pa., started fourth but slid to the front row when Dave Socks jumped the initial start and was sent to the rear. Eichelberger took command and never looked back. He was into the rear of the field by the eighth lap and by the halfway mark, had more than a seven second lead and six lapped cars separating him from Rick Barr. Cautions on laps 15 and 17 closed the field and he went on to post a 1.16 second lead over Chad Criswell, who won on the previous visit of the Super Sportsman on May 25, 2013.  

“I don’t really think about the lead. I just think about going fast,” Eichelberger said. “That was absolutely great. We love coming to Hagerstown. My crew knew we were good tonight. We have this new car figured out now. When it gets dry and slick, I think we have an advantage with it. When it’s wet and heavy, it’s just fair. We’re looking for dry slick race tracks.”

On the Late Model start, Devin Friese and D.J. Myers sat on the front row following first heat winner Kenny Moreland’s spin of the inversion wheel to get a three which is where he started. Friese and Myers made contact in the first turn and Myers retired to the pits when the caution was displayed on the third lap.  

Jackson burst past Moreland following the restart and moved in to challenge Friese as they ran side by side until a lap seven caution.

Jackson passed Friese when the green waved as Moreland took second but Jackson was pulling away and had more than a three second lead by a lap 15 caution. He again left Moreland behind and was just over two seconds ahead when the yellow waved again on the 21st lap.

On the restart, Marvin Winters went to the inside of Friese on the backstretch while Trevor Feathers went outside and Friese ended up spinning into the third turn with Rusty Sites and Dylan Yoder becoming involved.

Jackson powered away for the final lap as Moreland, Winters, Feathers and Allen Brannon completed the top five. Roy Deese came from 14th to sixth, followed by 15th starting J.T. Spence, Jerry Bard (11th), Brian Tavenner and Nick Dickson from 16th.

“The leader gets a good start here,” Jackson said.”I was just trying to stay with him (Devin) and alongside so he could see me and I saw him coming up and saw him coming up and thought he was going to stop and I kinda got into his corner panel. I let up and got underneath of him and back on the fuel. He got a little loose and I was able to drive by him.”

Eichelberger was heavy on the throttle from the start and never let up as he stretched his lead to a straightaway in the first five laps and then went out of sight to Russ Mitten and Rick Barr. Entering the rear of the field, Eichelberger leisurely picked his way past each car with ease until the 15th lap caution as the lapped cars tagged the rear of the field and Barr was on his tail for the restart.

Eichelberger had no problem with that restart of pulling away for another two laps while Chris Criswell advanced from sixth in the final circuits to take over the runner up spot from Barr on the final lap but trail by 1.16 seconds at the checkered.  

Gregg Foster and Mitten completed the top five while Steve Fannasy, Mike Enders, Scott Geesey, Carmen Perigo Jr. and Steve Wilbur rounded out the top ten.

Kenny Thomas grabbed the Mason Dixon Auto Auction Hobby Stock lead from the fourth spot as Gary Proctor moved in to challenge. The pair ran side by side for several laps until Thomas would have a length or two lead at the flag stand. He went to claim his third of the season over Proctor and Jamie Mills, both with two wins, by two lengths. Dylan Welsh and Brian Neff completed the top five.    

The Rookie Cars made their first appearance as Michael Pfaff led all the way in the 12 lap feature and had pulled away by a straightaway over Terry Leach and Brenda Alexander.

Follow the speedway on Twitter and Facebook at Dirt Capitol LLC. The latest news, results, photos, schedule or rule changes can found be on the speedway’s website: www.hagerstownspeedway.com.  Also check the website for any changes in weather conditions that may delay or cancel the program or contact the speedway office at 301-582-0640.

Ernie Jones 22, Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic Late Models, 25 Laps: 1.Keith Jackson, 2.Kenny Moreland, 3.Marvin Winters, 4.Trevor Feathers, 5.Allen Brannon, 6.Roy Deese Jr., 7.J.T. Spence, 8.Jerry Bard, 9.Brian Tavenner, 10.Nick Dickson, 11.Mike Lupfer, 12.Gary Stuhler, 13.Gene Knaub, 14.Dominic Defino, 15.Bryan Bernheisel, 16.Devin Friese, 17.Rusty Sites, 18.Dylan Yoder, 19.C.S. Fitzgerald, 20.Glenn Elliott, 21.Brad Omps, 22.Lindsay Barton, 23.Mike Walls, 24.Steve Axtell, 25.D.J. Myers, 26.Pancho Lawler, DNS – Tyler Castle

Blazer’s Auto Body Super Sportsman, 20 Laps: 1.Rich Eichelberger, 2.Chris Criswell, 3.Rick Barr, 4.Gregg Foster, 5.Russ Mitten, 6.Steve Fannasy, 7.Mike Enders, 8.Scott Geesey, 9.Carmen Perigo Jr., 10.Steve Wilbur, 11.Chad Trout, 12.Scott Dellinger, 13.Frankie Herr, 14.Tom Wyckoff, 15.Stan Wanner, 16.Tony Jackson, 17.Kenny Edkin, 18.Lanny Hake, 19.Todd Leonard, 20.Dave Conrad Jr., 21.Bill Devine, 22.Devin Beidel, 23.Adam Wray, 24.Brian Gontz, 25.Davey Walsh, 26.Geoff Gill, 27.Duane Smith, 28.Dave Socks, DNS – Bobby Hockenberry  

Mason Dixon Auto Auction Hobby Stocks, 15 Laps: 1.Kenny Thomas, 2.Gary Proctor, 3.Jamie Mills, 4.Dylan Welsh, 5.Brian Neff, 6.William Crook, 7.Joe Rodgers, 8.Justin Hansberger, 9.John Catlett, 10.Jeff Dylan, 11.Tom Caravello

Rookie Cars, 12 Laps: 1.Michael Pfaff, 2.Terry Leach, 3.Brenda Alexander, 4.Jeff Wilkins, 5.Mike Wilkins

WWW   IP Logged
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Re: Hagerstown Speedway - 5/25 Results
Reply #2 - 05/26/14 at 12:25am

Hagerstown Speedway
May 25, 2014

KYLE LEAR POCKETS $1,000 IN MALLORY FORD EVENT AT HAGERSTOWN

by Bob Vores
HAGERSTOWN, MD. (May 25) – Running second in the Mallory Ford Late Model Sportsman’s Saturday feature on night two of Memorial Day weekend events at Hagerstown Speedway/Dirt Capitol LLC, Kyle Lear did it one better Sunday on night three. He led all the way from the outside pole to pocket the Mallory Ford $1.000 in the 25-lap event, his second win of the season. With a six car inversion, Lear began from the outside pole and later beat Allen Brannon by 1.278 seconds.

“Track position was everything for us tonight,” Lear, of Severna Park, Md. said. “We thought we were going to have our work cut out for us tonight and luckily we hit the set up in our heat so, we’ve been good all weekend, I mean, last night to run second to Justin Weaver; he was really good and tonight capped off a good weekend.”

Lear pulled to the front as Jonathan DeHaven and Weaver gave chase. DeHaven put up a good fight while holding off Weaver as Lear drove off to a more than four second lead and got to the rear of the field by the 14th lap. Frankie Plessinger closed on the pair battling for second as Lear had two rear cars behind him when the caution was displayed for the first time on lap 16.

On the restart, Plessinger charged around the outside and into second to go by the flagstand side by side with Lear on the 18th circuit, but suddenly the challenge was over as smoke rolled from Plessinger’s racer and he stopped in turn four.
In fourth, Brannon grabbed second on the ensuing restart as Weaver finally cleared DeHaven on the 20th circuit and gave chase but suddenly, he began slowing in the last two laps after hitting a piece of lead in turn two that came from someone’s racer and flattened his left rear tire.

Lear went to the finish by 1.278 seconds over Brannon with eighth starter Kyle Lee getting third over 12th starting Scott Palmer and DeHaven. Bobby Beard came from 19th to claim sixth with Chad Myers (13th), Weaver  (limping to the finish), Andy Fries (20th) and Jeff King. Brannon, Cody Lear and Weaver won the heats while Beard was the consolation winner. 

Mike Franklin got the jump on five time winner Mike Corbin in the K Lynn Management Pure Stock feature as the two pulled out to a nearly five second lead over Mike Desch until a lap seven caution. Corbin took over on lap nine while tenth starting Michelle Walls passed Desch and Jimmy Combs for third before a lap 13 yellow. Corbin, of Winchester, took the green while Walls charged around Franklin into second on the white flag lap and closed to 1.211 seconds of Corbin at the checkered. Franklin, Combs and Desch completed the top five.

Two time winner Jamie Mills of Big Pool Md. took the early lead over Gary Proctor in the Mason Dixon Auto Auction Hobby Stock while Bryan Neff moved into third and the three battled for the number one position.

Proctor took over on the eighth lap and appeared headed for his third win until smoke billowed from his car on the front stretch of lap 12.Mills took over for the restart and held off Neff by less than a half-length to get the win. Kenny Thomas, Joe Rodgers and Dylan Welsh were next.   

Ryan Laye of Ft. Loudon, Pa turned the tables from Saturday night when he had to settle for second to Kevin Thomas. Thomas led from the fourth position but Laye quickly moved from third to Thomas’ bumper on the opening lap. Laye went both high and low in both corners before wrestling the lead away on lap nine as he continued on to a 2.213second win over Thomas with Matt Williamson, Gary Newell and Mike Warrenfeltz next.

Race car builder Roy Anderson of Winchester got his first ever win at Hagerstown in 1974 and he piloted a DeHaven Trailer Sales Rookie car to victory after passing Brenda Alexander on the second lap and building a more than straightaway victory over Rusty Garlock and Alexander. 

The latest news, results, photos, schedule or rule changes can found be on the speedway’s website: www.hagerstownspeedway.com.  Also check the website for any changes in weather conditions that may delay or cancel the program or contact the speedway office at 301-582-0640.

Mallory Ford Late Model Sportsman, 25 Laps: 1. Kyle Lear, 2. Allen Brannon, 3. Kyle Lee, 4. Scott Palmer, 5. Jonathan DeHaven, 6. Bobby Beard, 7. Chad Myers, 8. Justin Weaver, 9. Andy Fries, 10. Jeff King, 11. Chris Fletcher, 12. James Lichliter, 13. Cody Lear, 14. Paul Cursey, 15. Mike Walls, 16. Garrett Walls, 17. Ray Ciccarelli, 18. Terry Flaherty, 19. Keith Walls, 20. Scott Cline, 21. Frankie Plessinger, 22. Shaun Jones, 23. Dominic Defino, 24. Les Hare, DNQ- Billy Farmer, Donnie Farlling, Elwood Sord, Brian Cornett, Taylor Farlling, James Richards   

K. Lynn Management LLC Pure Stocks, 15 Laps: 1.Mike Corbin, 2.Michelle Walls, 3.Mike Franklin, 4.Jimmy Combs, 5.Mike Desch, 6.Jamie Zentmyer, 7.Sean Dawson, 8.Nick Dibella, 9.Frank Dibella, 10. Kenny Dillon, 11.Wayne Hawbaker, 12.Ben Morrow, 13.Jason Leibowitz, 14.Tim Drawbaugh, 15.Josh Wilkins

Mason Dixon Auto Auction Hobby Stocks, 15  Laps: 1.Jamie Mills, 2.Bryan Neff, 3.Kenny Thomas, 4.Joe Rodgers, 5.Dylan Welsh, 6.William Crook, 7.John Catlett, 8.Ralph Hansberger, 9.Rodney Minor, 10.Charles Stambaugh, 11.Gary Proctor

Cochran Auctioneers Four Cylinders, 15 Laps: 1.Ryan Laye, 2.Kevin Thomas, 3.Matt Williamson, 4.Gary Newell, 5.Michael Warrenfeltz, 6.William Kressler, 7.Chris Anderson, 8.Frankie Gordon, 9.Ethan Ours

DeHaven Trailer Sales Rookie Cars, 12 Laps: 1.Roy Anderson, 2.Rusty Garlock, 3.Brenda Alexander, 4.Heath Leonard, 5.Haley Kaiser

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.