Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/24/24 at 3:58pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Kent Robinson Back in Victory Lane at Eldora; World 100 Next (Read 1408 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Kent Robinson Back in Victory Lane at Eldora; World 100 Next
09/03/14 at 12:43pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 3, 2014

Kent Robinson Back in Victory Lane at Eldora; World 100 Next

by Ben Shelton
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana (September 3) – On Sunday eveing for the second time in 2014, Kent Robinson parked his #7r JB's Salvage/Club 29/Jay Dickens Racing Engine Super Late Model in victory lane at the famed Eldora Speedway.

Kent Robinson opened his Labor Day holiday weekend on Saturday night at Lincoln Park Speedway (Putnamville, Indiana) with a Weekly Racing Series Open Wheel Modified event. Robinson starting his night by piloting the #85 Jones Oil/LG2 Open Wheel Modified entry to a heat race win, earning him the fifth starting spot for the finale. In the main event Kent raced around the top five for much of the race before registering a sixth place finish at the checkered flag. Full results can be found at www.LincolnParkSpeedway.com .

The weekend drew to a close on Sunday evening at Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) with the 7th Annual Baltes Classic at the 1/2 mile oval, which served as a tune-up event for the upcoming weekend's 44th Annual World 100. The Sunoco American Late Model Series (ALMS) event posted a $3,000 top prize at the famed facility, and via preliminary action Kent earned the pole position on the feature grid with Jacob Hawkins alongside.

K-Rob outdueled Hawkins on the initial start to take the lead at the drop of the green flag. A pair of early-race cautions slowed the pace, while Robinson would have to fend off a hard charging Matt Miller in the second half of the affair. The duo swapped positions several times in the closing laps, as it came down to the checkered flag with Robinson claiming the win and Miller settling in second. Hawkins finished third, while Jeff Babcock, and Duane Chamberlain completed the top five.

"This car, I've got to give a lot of credit to this car. We've been good here. We were good last year, and since I got this car, we were good at the Dream, and this Club 29 car is just a rocket ship right now," Robinson said. "It's a brand new car tonight. ... I gotta give a hat's off to Brian (Leonberg), my crew member. It's just me and him doing it, and he works his tail off all week."

Complete results from the event are available at www.EldoraSpeedway.com .

Robinson will carry his momentum into the 44th Annual World 100 this weekend, September 4th-6th, at Eldora Speedway. On both Thursday and Friday evenings the field will be divided into a pair of $5,000-to-win programs before seeing a $47,000-to-win event held on Saturday evening. For more information on the event, please visit www.EldoraSpeedway.com .

Kent Robinson Racing would to like to thank all of their sponsors including JB's Salvage, Jay Dickens Racing Engines, Jones Oil Company, Club 29 Race Cars, Keyser Manufacturing, Printworx Graphics, VP Race Fuels, Hoosier Racing Tire, GW Performance, All Star Performance, Schaeffer's, K&N Filters, AFCO, Bell Helmets, Simpson Race Products, Wiles Drive Shafts, Beyea Custom Headers, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Kent Robinson Racing, please visit www.KentRobinsonRacing.com .

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.