Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/20/24 at 5:25am

KEIZER

Pages: 1
I-30 Speedway Issues Statement Regarding Facility Modifications (Read 2566 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
I-30 Speedway Issues Statement Regarding Facility Modifications
09/10/14 at 7:19pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 10, 2014

I-30 Speedway Issues Statement Regarding Facility Modifications

by Ben Shelton
Little Rock, Arkansas (September 10) –  As I-30 Speedway winds down its 2014 season and prepares for the 27th Annual COMP Cams Short Track Nationals, which will be held October 22nd-25th, 2014, there have been some changes afoot at the historic oval. With the changes there have been countless rumors that include the track closing, the property being sold, and more. None of these rumors are true.

"The track and its property is not for sale, and we definitely aren't closing," said promoter, Tracey Clay. "We've faced a few property boundary challenges, and we've been busy rectifying those issues. We wanted to wait until everything got into place to issue an official statement, but due to the large number of false rumors circulating I felt like now would be the time to inform the racers and fans of exactly what is transpiring."

I-30 Speedway was notified on March 19th, 2014 that rent would be increased for a portion of the property that it rents from the adjoining liquor store. The property includes the area to the west of the pit entrance road, which includes the Short Track Nationals main camping area as well as the pit area outside of turns one and two. The rent was to be increased from $60 per race night to $3,600 per month.

"I'm all about doing what's fair, but I felt like this was clearly an unjust increase in rent for this property," noted Clay. "As a result we told them that they could take this land back, and that we would no longer use it."

Changes have been made to the track over the past month that include the scales being removed from the area outside of turn two with the turn one bleachers also being removed. To accommodate more haulers on the backstretch more land is being cleared and leveling is also planned.

"The biggest challenge we face is accommodating campers for the Short Track Nationals. We have 67 spots on the east side of the property that have been used as overflow in the past. Campers who reserved those spots last year will receive them again this year," said Clay. "The obvious bad problem is that we can't accommodate everyone over there, who lost their spots on the west side of the property."

I-30 Speedway staff has been working with adjoining properties and campgrounds to try and work out deals. Crooked Creek Speedway, which is a motocross facility, is located 1/4 mile east of I-30 Speedway and is allowing campers and fan parking on their property. In addition the I-30 Travel Park has availability and be reached at 501-315-8555. Apart from that there are a host of hotels in the area that fans can elect to use.

"Obviously this isn't the best situation, but we are trying to make the most of the hand dealt to us," commented Clay. "We apologize for the inconvenience that this is creating for our patrons, but I can assure you we will do everything in our power to make things as smooth as possible."

For more information, please visit www.I-30Speedway.com .

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.