Welcome, Guest. Please
04/16/21 at 12:20pm
Winchester Speedway - 5/9 Results (Read 901 times)
Winchester Speedway - 5/9 Results
05/10/15 at 6:19pm
May 9, 2015
Kyle Hardy Roars to Winchester First, Extends Winners Streak to Five
Walker Arthur Two for Two in RUSH Late Models
by Doug Watson
Winchester, VA (May 9) - Hometown product Kyle Hardy drove to his first win of the season in last Saturday nights 35-lap Late Model feature at Winchester speedway. The win for Hardy, worth $3000, came in his potent MasterSbilt no.99 and made him the fifth different Late Model winner at the track in the five events contested.
The re-draw placed Hardy and Jamie Lathroum on the front-row for the start of the event with Hardy gaining control as the field raced off turn-two. Fourth-starting Jason Covert advanced to second on the second-lap and would chase Hardy the entire way, but Hardy had the superior car, and would pace all 30-circuits to score the popular win. "Since we got this MasterSbilt chassis it has turned our program around." Hardy stated in the Winchester victory lane. "I saw Jason there a few times but I knew he'd have a hard time passing us on the bottom, so I kept it on the top and just ran my line." Slick but racy track conditions propelled Hardy to the win. "The track was brown before the Crates ran and they made the track a little wider." Said Hardy. "We were able to get out front first tonight and I'm really happy to get a win for everyone who helps with this car." Dale Hollidge was third, eighth-starting Keith Jackson took fourth with Jamie Lathroum rounding out the top-five. Heats for the 27 cars entered went to JT Spence, Dale Hollidge and Kyle Hardy with Brad Omps winning the consolation.
Forest Va.'s Walker Arthur completed the weekend sweep as he was victorious in the 30-lap RUSH Late Model Racing Series event. The win for Arthur, worth $2000, was his first-career Winchester feature win and gave him the weekend double, as he was the RUSH Series winner the night prior at Potomac (MD) speedway. Michael Lake blasted from his second starting spot to grad the race lead as the green flag unfurled to start the event. Lake appeared to have the car to beat as he lead a majority of the feature with the top-five cars swapping spots during the span. A lap-23 caution gave Arthur the chance he needed as he vaulted into the race lead on the 24th-circuit and would lead the final 6-laps to score the thrilling win. "What a weekend." an ecstatic Walker Arthur stated during his post-race interview. "This car has just been awesome the past two-nights and to win both of these races, I couldn't be happier for this team." The lap-23 caution was the opportunity Arthur needed to get the race lead. "I knew my only shot was going to come on that last re-start." Arthur stated. "We were really good up on top and I knew if I could get a run, we'd have a chance to get the lead, and we were able to get it done." Lake held tough for second, Max Blair was third, Tyler Hershey took fourth with Joe Martin completing the top-five. Taking heat race wins over the 33-car field was was Rick Singleton, Tyler Hershey, Walker Arthur and Joe Martin with twin consolations going to Brian Knowles and Transton Stoner.
In support class action defending track champion Mike Franklin rolled to his sixth-straight win in the 15-lap Pure Stock feature, Randy Linaburg took his first of 2015 in the 15-lap Four-Cylinder main with Ricky Feltner scoring his first-career Winchester feature win in the 15-lap U-car feature.
1. Kyle Hardy 2. Jason Covert 3. Dale Hollidge 4. Keith Jackson 5. Jamie Lathroum 6. DJ Myers 7. JT Spence 8. Andy Anderson 9. CS Fitzgerald 10. Jason Miller 11. Ross Robinson 12. Wesley Bonebrake 13. Walter Crouch 14. David Watt 15. JR Overstreet 16. Brad Omps 17. Tyler Castle 18. Chris Fletcher 19. Kenny Moreland 20. Barry Miller 21. Tom Decker Jr. 22. Allan Brannon 23. Glen Elliott 24. Jonathon DeHaven DNQ- Tom Decker III, Carl Grady, Jim O'Hara
RUSH Late Model
1. Walker Arthur 2. Michael Lake 3. Max Blair 4.Tyler Hershey 5. Joe Martin 6. Chad McClellan 7. Rick Singleton 8. Kyle Lukon 9. Brian Knowles 10. Ben Bowie 11. Jason Knowles 12. John Waters 13. Ralph Morgan Jr. 14. Robby Marhefka 15. Steve Lowery 16. Kris Eaton 17. Eric Wilson 18. Darin Henderson 19. Logan Roberson 20. Transton Stoner 21. Matt Glanden 22. Matt Tarbox 23. Jamie Sutphin 24. Reese Masiello 25. Rob Nichols 26. Jonathon DeHaven
1. Mike Franklin 2. Mike Corbin 3. Sam Crouch 4. Keith Koontz 5.Kevin Koontz 6. Chris Sumption 7. Jeremy Tinsman 8. Jerry Jenkins Jr. 9. Tony Catlett 10. Joey Carter 11. Ricky Edmonds
1. Randy Linaburg 2. Austin Stover 3. Tommy Whitt 4. Ethan Ours 5. Ed Gageby 6. Jesse Boyce 7. Rich Newcomer 8. Allan Vaughan 9. Mackenzie Kimble 10. Allen Whitt Jr. 11. Justin Hottle (DQ)
1. Ricky Feltner 2. Kevin Oates 3. Josh Wilkins 4. Robert Wilson 5. Terry Leach 6. Greg Carrico 7. Jeff Wilkins 8. Charlie Good 9. Travis Clark 10. Chris Mowery 11. Larry Lamb 12. Theo Funk 13. Joe Yablonski 14. Randy Wilkins 15. Alan Dice 16. Ricky Runion
Back to top
» Powered by
© 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.