Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 03/28/24 at 11:18pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Sheppard and Brown battle for Lucas Oil Rookie of the Year Title (Read 1494 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Sheppard and Brown battle for Lucas Oil Rookie of the Year Title
05/14/15 at 11:23pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 14, 2015

Sheppard and Brown battle in Lucas Oil Rookie of the Year Title Chase  

LOLMDS PR
WAYCROSS, GA (May 14) - The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series is pleased to announce the talented drivers that have officially declared to compete for the Lucas Oil Products Rookie of the Year title in 2015.

Brandon Sheppard, of New Berlin, Illinois, looks to capitalize on his success in recent years and challenge for the Lucas Oil Products Rookie of the Year Championship this season.  The 22-year-old Sheppard pilots the Sheppard Racing Team, #B5 Rocket Chassis with a Pro Power Racing Engine. He is sponsored by Kid's Castle Learning Center, Valvoline, Keyser Manufacturing, Sheppard Auto Sales, Champion Spark Plugs, and Integra Racing Shocks. Sheppard, who was the 2013 Dirt Track World Champion, brings several years of experience in super late models to his quest for the Rookie of the Year title. On his decision to run for the Rookie of the Year Championship and goals for this season, Sheppard commented, "I decided to run for Rookie of the Year for a lot of reasons, and this is a way to really get my name out there.  The TV package with the series is unbelievable for the drivers.  The way the series treats its drivers is just top-notch and incredibly professional.  My goals for this year are to win the Rookie title, win as many races as I can on the series, and finish in the Top-5 in points."

Chris Brown, a 36-year-old hot-shoe from Spring, Texas, has also committed to contend for the Rookie of the Year Championship.  Brown brings with him, several years of racing experience and loads of success in racing modifieds and super late models.  Brown is the 2013 U.S. National Open Wheel Modified Dirt Track World Champion.  He can be recognized as the driver of the #21B, Black Diamond Club 29 Race Car, powered by a Durham Race Engine. The team's sponsors include:  Lonestar Hydro and Maintenance, Performance Graphix, Integra Racing Shocks, Ralo's Lube and Auto, Durham Race Engines, Stuckey Enterprises, and Club 29 Race Cars.  When asked why he decided to contend for the Lucas Oil Products Rookie of the Year Championship, he exclaimed, "I've wanted to do this for quite some time and toyed with the idea for several years. With the way things fell into place this year, and if we are ever going to do it, this is the year!  We see the potential and see that the goal is to win the Rookie of the Year and stay in the Top-10 in points all year."

The driver that wins the Rookie of the Year honors in 2015 will earn $10,000 in cash and other prizes at the year-end awards banquet.  The Rookie of the Year runner-up will take home $2,500 in cash and several product awards for his efforts.  Associate sponsors of the Rookie of the Year program will be awarding numerous product awards and include:  Performance Bodies, Fast Shafts, AR Bodies, C&R Racing Inc., Keyser Manufacturing, QA1, and Wrisco Aluminum.

For the latest breaking news concerning the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, including the latest series standings, 2015 tour schedule, driver information, and more visit the official website at:  www.lucasdirt.com

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.