Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/25/24 at 1:18pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Hagerstown Speedway - 6/13 Results (Read 1522 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Hagerstown Speedway - 6/13 Results
06/14/15 at 1:58pm

Hagerstown Speedway
June 14, 2015

ANDERSON RETURNS TO VICTORY LANE FOR SECOND STRAIGHT WEEK
Scott Palmer lays claim to the Hoosier Daddy Topless event with dominant Late Model Sportsman triumph

Hagerstown Speedway
HAGERSTOWN, MD. (June 13) - Andy Anderson liked parking his new MBH Late Model race car in victory lane so much last week that he did it again Saturday night. Anderson of Bunker Hill, WV led the entire 25 laps at Hagerstown Speedway/Dirt Capitol to grab his second straight win over Marvin Winters by 1.898 seconds.

“It’s pretty much anymore where you start,” Anderson said. “I guess with Marvin winning the last point race here, that moved me up in the invert and Kyle drew what we needed. Luck played a big factor. Nathan (Durboraw) was giving me signals down there and I was trying to be smooth and keep it straight. I was watching the scoreboard and saw Marvin got past Gary and I just tried to drive off straight .I figured we all were on the same tires. I’m just glad to be here.”

After winning every Late Model Sportsman feature in May, Scott Palmer of Greencastle returned to victory lane in dominate fashion in the Hoosier Daddy Topless Late Model Sportsman event by passing Kyle Lee on the ninth lap and later winning by nearly five seconds over Lee.  Mike Franklin of Stephens City, VA scored his first K-Lynn Management feature after a lengthy battle to edge Craig Parrill by three lengths. Jamie Mills, Big Pool, MD recorded his second straight feature in the Mason Dixon Auto Auction Hobby Stocks while Rick Hulson of Glen Bernie, MD. drove from tenth to grab the All American Outlaw lead with five to go and post the win.  

Inverted to start from the pole, Andy Anderson was on the gas and had the Late Model lead over Gary Stuhler and Tyler Hershey.  By the fifth lap, he began stretching his lead until a 14th lap caution closed the field and gave Stuhler and Hershey a shot at him. Instead, both lost out on the restart as Marvin Winters and Kyle Lear charged into the second and third spots while Hershey battled back into third two laps later.

Anderson was able to keep his distance while Winters pulled away from Hershey but trailed by 1.898 seconds at the finish. Hershey, Lear and Stuhler completed the top five. Heats went to Kyle Hardy and Stuhler.

Fast timer and first heat winner Paul Cursey took off to lead the opening lap of the Hoosier Daddy event but Kyle Lee had other plans and charged around Cursey to take charge on the second lap. Palmer also had plans after passing Cursey on the seventh lap. He quickly closed on Lee and then seized the top spot following an eighth lap restart. Palmer comfortably drove on and went through the rear of the field while Lee began the same with Justin Weaver chasing him. After clearing the heavy traffic, Palmer stretched his lead to score the win by 4.92 seconds over Lee. Weaver, Cursey and Jake Jones were next.  Cursey, Lee and Palmer were the heat winners.

“I haven’t said anything about the builder of this car all year and I think they deserve credit,” Palmer said. ”It’s a MastersBilt by Huey. Huey actually built this car last year. Billy’s just been awesome to work with and they put together a really strong car and that makes it a whole lot easier for me. I’ve been doing this 14 years and it took till last year when we really broke out of the box and started winning consistently. When you run that many years, you don’t get too big of a chip on your shoulder just because you get a few wins. I’m very happy and fortunate that I’m doing this well. Each race, I’m just happy to have that situation.”

Craig Parrill led the Pure Stocks from the pole over Mike Corbin and Chris Ebersole while Mike Franklin was on the move from sixth. Franklin took Ebersole’s position on the sixth lap and then Corbin’s three laps later. He then stuck his nose under Parrill several times before being successful on the 12th. Following a 13th lap restart, Franklin later held off Parrill by three lengths for his season first win with Corbin, Ebersole and Jamie Zentmyer next. Ebersole and Parrill were the heat winners.    

Tom Caravello led the Hobby Stocks from the pole while previous week’s winner Jamie Mills headed from seventh and passed Caravello and Gary Proctor in one shot to lead the fourth lap. After Caravello battled door to door and the lead exchanged twice, Mills ended the issue by taking the lead for good on the 12th lap and charging on for the win. Dylan Rutherford finished third over Kenny Thomas and Davey Gross Jr. Heats went to Caravello and Proctor.

Kurt Zimmerman took the lead from Randy Doty on the second lap while Bryan Green moved into second the same lap. Hulson came from tenth and was second when the field was reset for an eighth lap caution. Hulson challenged Zimmerman for two laps before making the pass but stayed with him to the finish. Green held third over Doty and Tim Fake. 

“My buddy Donnie wanted to buy a second car and asked me if I wanted to try it out,” Hulson said. “My funds kind of went south a little bit so I figured I’d stay in this to keep the rust off me. “

The latest news, results, photos, schedule or rule changes will also be found on the speedway’s website: www.hagerstownspeedway.com.  Also check the website for any changes in weather conditions that may delay or cancel the program or contact the speedway office at 301-582-0640.

HAGERSTOWN SPEEDWAY/DIRT CAPITOL LLC RESULTS

Hoosier Tire Mid Atlantic Late Models 25 Laps: 1. Andy Anderson, 2. Marvin Winters, 3. Tyler Hershey, 4. Kyle Lee, 5. Gary Stuhler, 6.Keith Jackson, 7.Roy Deese Jr., 8.Kyle Hardy, 9.Trever Feathers, 10.Jerry Bard, 11.Steve Axtell Jr., 12.Glenn Elliott, 13. Barry Miller, 14.Brad Omps, 15.Kirk Baker, 16. C. S. Fitzgerald

Hoosier Daddy Malloy Ford Late Model Sportsman: 25 Laps: 1.Scott Palmer, 2.Kyle Lee, 3.Justin Weaver, 4.Paul Cursey, 5.Jake Jones, 6.Bobby Beard, 7.Cody Kershner, 8.Rodney Walls, 9.Jimmy Jesmer Jr., 10.Ryan Walls, 11.Bryan Wright, 12.Keith Walls, 13.Garrett Walls, 14.Larry Neiderer, 15.Wayne Dillman, 16.Brayden Anderson, 17.Jimmy Richards, 18.Joe Westerman, 19.Elwood Sord, 20.Eddit Cornett, 21.Mike Walls, DNS -Chaz Walls

K-Lynn Management Pure Stocks, 15 Laps: 1.Mike Franklin, 2.Craig Parrill, 3.Mike Corbin, 4.Chris Ebersole, 5.Jamie Zentmyer, 6.Brian Miller, 7.Keith Koontz, 8.Wayne Hawbaker, 9.Tony Catlett, 10.Dickie Tharp, 11.Michelle Walls, 12.Kenny Day, 13.Mike Desch, 14.William Ecton, 15.Brian Swiger

Mason Dixon Auto Auction Hobby Stocks, 15 Laps: 1.Jamie Mills, 2.Tom Caravello, 3.Marshall McMullen, 4.Kenny Thomas, 5.Davey Gross Jr. 6.Gary Proctor, 7.William Crook, 8.Jason Sarver, 9.Ralph Hansberger, 10.Dylan Rutherford, 11.Dwayne Snyder, 12.James Jones, 13.John Catlett

All American Outlaws, 15 Laps: 1.Rick Hulson, 2.Kurt Zimmerman, 3.Bryan Green, 4.Randy Doty 5.Tim Fake, 6.Justin Cullum, 7.Dylan Keim, 8.Hunter Nester, 9.Fred Cullum, 10.Jim Minter, 11.Carnie Fryfogle, 12.David Egge, 13.Jim Chenoweth, 14.Tony Jorda, 15.Phil Williams, 16.Brad Alexander, 17.Danny Holmes 

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.