Welcome, Guest. Please
04/16/21 at 10:52am
UFo at Tyler County Speedway - 7/11 Results (Read 1345 times)
UFo at Tyler County Speedway - 7/11 Results
07/13/15 at 1:01pm
Tyler County Speedway
July 13, 2015
14th Starting Hawkins Wins UFo Mega-88 at Tyler County in Wild 3 Car Finish
MIDDLEBORNE, PA (July 12) - Jared Hawkins of Fairmont, WV crossed the line first in a wild three car finish to win the second UFo Super Late Model feature of the "Mega in the Mountains" Weekend at Tyler County Speedway Saturday night. By winning the $5,000 feature, Hawkins also became the all-time leading UFo feature winner with 6 wins to his credit.
The top 12 finishers from Friday's feature were inverted for the top 12 positions in the feature grid. After a failed initial start, Jeremy Berwanger and Paul Wilmoth, Jr. flanked the front row for the 44 lap feature. Wilmoth jumped into the initial lead. As the laps progressed, Berwanger tracked him down and made the pass for the lead on lap 21. Shortly after that, a 5 car race among the leaders ensued between Berwanger, Wilmoth, Max Blair, eighth starting Jared Miley and Tim Senic as the track was raceable from top to bottom.
On the double file restart after the first caution of the race, Berwanger once again assumed control. Meanwhile, Hawkins was advancing from his initial 14th starting position and began racing Berwanger for the lead using the high side of the track. The second caution of the race appeared with only 5 laps to go, and set up a tremendous finish.
Berwanger lined up on the inside with Hawkins on the outside of the double file restart. The tow made slight contact when they fired, then Berwanger moved into the lead as the two entered the backstraight and he stopped Hawkins' outward momentum. Hawkins fired back using the outside once again, with Miley now making it a three car battle for the lead.
Going into the final turn on the final lap, Hawkins switched his lane to the inside. Hawkins came up beside Berwanger on the inside ,sliding up and carrying Berwanger to the extreme outside of the track. Hawkins crossed the line first, with Miley passing Berwanger at the line as he recovered to finish third.
11th starting Greg Oakes finished 4th with Senic in fifth. Wilmoth, 12th starting Tim Dohm, Max Blair, Zack Dohm and Michael Davis rounding out the top ten. Consolation wins went to Davis and Hawkins.
The UFo Championship is in action twice during the upcoming weekend. On Saturday, July 18, the UFo Super Late Models will pay $3,000 to win in the "Tri-Star Sizzler" at Port Royal Speedway. The following night, the UFo Super Late Models will also pay $3,000 to win in the "Connor Bobik Make-A-Wish Race" at Dog Hollow Speedway.
Complete information on the UFo Championship may be found at
Mega-88 - 2nd Feature
July 11, 2015
Finish. ( Feature Start) Car Number / Driver / Hometown / Payoff
1. (14) 37 / Jared Hawkins / Farimont, WV / $5,000
2. (8) h1 / Jared Miley / South Park, PA / $2,000
3. (1) 44j / Jeremy Berwanger / Murray City, OH / $1,500
4. (11) 22 / Greg Oakes / Franklinville, NY / $1,000
5. (7) s2 / Tim Senic / Elkins, WV / $800
6. (2) b1 / Paul Wilmoth Jr / Clarksburg, WV / $600
7. (12) 6t / Tim Dohm / Cross Lanes, WV / $550
8. (4) 111 / Max Blair / Centerville, PA / $500
9. (6) 5 / Zack Dohm / Charleston, WV / $450
10. (13) 7m / Michael Davis / Rayland, OH / $400
11. (19) 79 / Michael Altobelli Jr / Saxton, PA / $380
12. (3) 12 / Devin Friese / Chambersburg, PA / $360
13. (18) 66 / Justin Kann / Huntingdon, PA / $340
14. (16) 24 / Dylan Yoder / Selinsgrove, PA / $300
15. (15) 75 / Steve Weigle / Blue, WV / $300
16. (21) 31 / Travis Brown / Jacksonburg, WV / $300
17. (20) 50r / Cody Robbins / Julian, PA / $300
18. (17) 82 / Andy Fries / Mercersburg, PA / $300
19. (5) 17 / Keith Barbara / South Park, PA / $300
20. (9) 87 / Derek Doll / Greenwood, WV / $300
DNQ () 22jr / Michael Oakes / Franklinville, NY / $100
DNQ () 22 / Russell Erwin / Beaverdam, VA / $100
DNQ () 50r / Cody Robbins / Julian, PA / $100
DNQ () 82 / Andy Fries / Mercersburg, PA / $100
DNQ () 22 / Cody Rogers / Spelter, WV / $100
DNQ () 88 / Lou Jacoby Jr / Ginter, PA / $100
UFo Super Late Model
Car Count = 27
Lead Changes = 2
Back to top
» Powered by
© 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.