Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/18/24 at 5:32am

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Lucas Oil Series at Lawrenceburg Speedway - 8/22 Results (Read 3455 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Lucas Oil Series at Lawrenceburg Speedway - 8/22 Results
08/23/15 at 12:58am

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series
Lawrenceburg Speedway
August 22, 2015

Bloomquist Wins "Whiskey City 50" at Lawrenceburg Speedway

LOLMDS PR
LAWRENCEBURG, IN (August 22) - Scott Bloomquist scored his first career win at Lawrenceburg Speedway on Saturday night with his victory in the "Whiskey City 50." Bloomquist took the lead from Steve Francis on lap 17 and led the rest of the way for the win in the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series-sanctioned event.

The current LOLMDS points leader, Jonathan Davenport, moved to second on lap 17 and stayed there the rest of the way. Jimmy Owens came from ninth to finish third, followed by Eddie Carrier Jr., and 18th starting Dennis Erb Jr. rounding out the top five finishers.

"We have been here a number of times and it's the first time for us to win here. Our car was very maneuverable the whole night. I was worried a bit in that heat race. We fell back to third. I didn't realize it was that greasy on the bottom and the top was that fast."

"For the feature, we made some adjustments and the car took off really well. We had a good race with Francis for a while. We got by him and I just held my line the rest of the way. We have worked really hard on this car to get it back where it belongs."

Francis was looking for his second win in his last three starts Lawrenceburg, and bolted to the lead at the start of the race. He led the first 17 laps of the race until he suffered a right-rear flat tire, relinquishing the top spot to Bloomquist.

A caution with ten laps to go bunched the field up one more time, but Bloomquist maintained a pace that kept Davenport at bay for the remainder of the race.

"I would like to thank Mike Reece of Reece Monument Company, Mark Martin Auto Group, Crop Production Services, Dyna Gro, Hawkeye Trucking, Sorbera Chiropractic, Petroff Towing, Horton Coal, Lucas Oil, Base Fuels, Penske Shocks, and Andy Durham Racing Engines."

Davenport was pleased with his runner-up finish. "This is only the second time we have been here, so to finish second is pretty good. I'd like to thank Kevin and Lee Roy Rumley and all my sponsors. It was a good point's night so we will head to Pittsburgh next week and try to win that one."

Owens finished third and said that starting too far back was too much to overcome. "We hung in there the best we could. We hauled it up there to third, but I just couldn't keep my line on the bottom. My hat's off to those guys [Bloomquist and Davenport]. We will go get them next time!"

Completing the top ten were Jason Jameson, Earl Pearson Jr., Brandon Sheppard, Don O'Neal, and Jared Landers.

In preliminary action, Scott Bloomquist set the overall Miller Welders Fast Time (Group B) amongst the 32 entrants, with a lap of 14.436 seconds. Jared Landers set the fastest time in Group A with a time of 14.317 seconds. Steve Francis, Earl Pearson Jr., Scott Bloomquist, and Jonathan Davenport won their respective heat races. Dustin Linville won the B-Main.

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series
Race Summary
Saturday, August 22nd, 2015
Whiskey City 50
Lawrenceburg Speedway - Lawrenceburg, IN

A-Main
1 2 0 Scott Bloomquist Mooresburg, TN
2 4 6 Jonathan Davenport Mount Airy, NC
3 9 20 Jimmy Owens Newport, TN
4 6 28 Eddie Carrier, Jr. Salt Rock, WV
5 18 28e Dennis Erb, Jr. Carpentersville, IL
6 12 12J Jason Jameson Lawrenceburg, IN
7 3 1 Earl Pearson, Jr. Jacksonville, FL
8 15 B5 Brandon Sheppard New Berlin, IL
9 10 5 Don O'Neal Martinsville, IN
10 5 777 Jared Landers Batesville, AR
11 13 83 Scott James  Bright, IN
12 7 21X Robby Hensley Walton, KY
13 1 15 Steve Francis Ashland, KY
14 11 15C Duane Chamberlain Richmond, IN
15 8 97 Michael Chilton Salvisa, KY
16 21 18k Brandon Kinzer Allen, KY
17 24 11 Josh Rice Verona, KY
18 22 21B Chris Brown Spring, TX
19 20 2F Dennis Franklin Gaffney, SC
20 19 7R Kent Robinson Bloomington, IN
21 16 1AM Austin Mills Alexandria, KY
22 23 16 Justin Rattliff Campbellsville, KY
23 17 D8 Dustin Linville Lancaster, KY
24 14 99 Bill Sheets Milan, IN

B-Main #1: Dustin Linville, Dennis Erb, Jr., Kent Robinson, Dennis Franklin, Brandon Kinzer, Chris Brown, Ted Nobbe, Bill Blair, Jr., Jesse Lay, Trevor Landrum, Mason Combs, Jeffrey Shackelford, Josh Rice, Dustin Nobbe, Justin Rattliff-DNS, John Gill-DNS

Heat #1: Steve Francis, Jared Landers, Jimmy Owens, Scott James, Dustin Linville, Josh Rice, Dennis Franklin, Ted Nobbe

Heat #2: Earl Pearson, Jr., Robby Hensley, Duane Chamberlain, Brandon Sheppard, Dennis Erb, Jr., Kent Robinson, Chris Brown, Jesse Lay

Heat #3: Scott Bloomquist, Eddie Carrier, Jr., Don O'Neal, Bill Sheets, Bill Blair, Jr., Brandon Kinzer, Mason Combs, Dustin Nobbe

Heat #4: Jonathan Davenport, Michael Chilton, Jason Jameson, Austin Mills, Trevor Landrum, Jeffrey Shackelford, Justin Rattliff, John Gill

Fast Time: Scott Bloomquist 14.317 seconds

For the latest breaking news on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, log onto www.lucasdirt.com

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.