Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/17/24 at 6:08pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
MLRA at Lucas Oil Speedway - 9/3 Results (Read 1215 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
MLRA at Lucas Oil Speedway - 9/3 Results
10/07/16 at 2:29am

Lucas Oil MLRA Late Models
September 3, 2016

Vaught shines in Larry Phillips Memorial at Lucas Oil Speedway

MLRA Racing
Wheatland, Missouri (September 3, 2016) - When the checkers flew on the 2016 edition of the Larry Philips Memorial at Lucas Oil Speedway, it was all smiles for the Will Vaught and his team.

Considering all of the success Vaught has had throughout his career, oddly enough, prior to Saturday, he had never won a feature of any kind at the Wheatland, Missouri track.

"Everything fell in place tonight," stated Vaught in Andy's Frozen Custard Victory Lane. "About two weeks ago we did this shock package and spring package for this place, because we haven't been so good in the features. Tonight we had something there."

Vaught fired from ninth and noted how special it was for him to win the race honoring Larry Phillips.

"Wow, the Larry Phillips Memorial, man that's one of my idols when I was little," Vaught continued. "To win that little trophy means more than about anything. "

From lap 13 to 37 however, it looked like a Jesse Stovall runaway. He took command of the race from Jason Papich, and led by over a straightaway, when he had engine trouble and pulled off.

"I've been beat a lot leading laps like Jesse was," Vaught further elaborated. "He was setting a blistering pace, he might have had the best car. I was trying to bide my time, not saying I would have caught him. He had heartbreak there."

Friday's Lakeside Speedway winner JC Wyman was the top qualifier and started the feature from the pole. He led the opening 10 circuits before Jason Papich emerged from a fierce three way battle, which included Stovall, with the lead.

Once Vaught took control at lap 38, he rolled on the final 12 laps unchallenged. Josh Hughes quietly worked his way forward after starting 13th. He ended the night second. It marked Hughes' best finish in a Lucas Oil MLRA series event.

"It feels really good," Hughes said to the crowd after the race. "Lance Wright is here. He tuned it before I went out, and it made a giant difference. I messed up several times, but I'm happy with the run."

The race for third was intense late. It appeared Tim Manville had it sewn up, but Wyman had one last push and made his way back inside the top three.

"I wanted that podium finish," commented Wyman. "I think the driver just decided to show up and drive the rest of the year. We changed motors, and I think that might have helped me be a little better."

Tim Manville settled for fourth, and Chase Junghans was strong for the second night in a row. He completed the top five.

Only three race remain on the series schedule; Saturday, October 1, at State Fair Speedway in Sedalia, Missouri, and the following weekend back at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Missouri for the Fall Nationals two day season finale.

---

Larry Phillips Memorial (50 laps): 1. Will Vaught 2. Josh Hughes 3. JC Wyman 4. Tim Manville 5. Chase Junghans 6. Tony Jackson Jr 7. Austin Siebert 8. Payton Looney 9. Jim Shereck 10. Brantlee Gotschall 11. Dave Eckrich 12. Jeff Roth 13. David Hennan 14. Tad Pospisil 15. Brad Looney 16. Jesse Stovall 17. Jon Mitchell 18. Brandon Wilson 19. Rickey Frankel 20. Jason Papich 21. Randy Timms 22. Brent Larson 23. Terry Phillips 24. Jon Sheets

B Feature 1 (12 laps): 1. Jeff Roth 2. Tony Jackson Jr 3. Jon Mitchell 4. Justin Asplin 5. Larry Jones 6. Dalton Ragsdale 7. Lary Ferris 8. Joe Walkenhorst 9. Daniel Jessen

B Feature 2 (12 laps): 1. Jon Sheets 2. Jim Shereck 3. Chase Junghans 4. Jason Hughes 5. Jacob Magee 6. Bryon Allison 7. Brent Larson 8. Rob Hail 9. Wylan Petrie 10. Bob King

Heat 1 (10 laps): 1. Brad Looney 2. Terry Phillips 3. Brantlee Gotschall 4. Tim Manville 5. Bryon Allison 6. Larry Jones 7. Larry Ferris 8. Tony Jackson Jr 9. Dalton Ragsdale 10. Daniel Jessen

Heat 2 (10 laps): 1. Jesse Stovall 2. Will Vaught 3. Austin Siebert 4. Dave Eckrich 5. Rickey Frankel 6. Jason Hughes 7. Chase Junghans 8. Jacob Magee 9. Bob King

Heat 3 (10 laps): 1. Jason Papich 2. Randy Timms 3. Brandon Wilson 4. Jon Mitchell 5. Joe Walkenhorst 6. Josh Poe 7. Jeff Roth 8. Tad Pospisil 9. Justin Asplin

Heat 4 (10 laps): 1. Payton Looney 2. JC Wyman 3. David Hennan 4. Josh Hughes 5. Jon Sheets 6.Jim Shereck 7. Rob Hail 8. Brent Larson 9. Wylan Petrie

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.