Welcome, Guest. Please
07/31/21 at 2:54am
Susquehanna Speedway Park Night of Honor Saturday, January 22 (Read 802 times)
Susquehanna Speedway Park Night of Honor Saturday, January 22
12/14/10 at 2:31am
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 13, 2010
SSP’s Night of Honor Set for Saturday, January 22 in Downtown York Bringing Official Close to the 2010 Racing Season
Newberrytown, PA (December 13, 2010) – The Night of Honor and Awards Gala banquet for the Susquehanna Speedway Park will be held on Saturday night, January 22 at the Valencia Ballroom in downtown York, Pennsylvania.
"The Valencia Ballroom is a very historic and prestigious place to hold our Night of Honor for our drivers. We are very excited about the banquet and our upcoming 2011 racing season,” said Todd Fisher, owner/promoter of the Susquehanna Speedway Park.
"This has been a fun place for our teams and their families to gather and celebrate their accomplishments. It's a unique facility that's close to home for many competitors, and it's always enjoyable to visit during that time of the year," he continued.
The banquet is where the SSP's grassroots racers take center stage. The event honors the 11 champions from the various classes that support SSP’s Stock Car Saturday Night Program. Awards will be given out to the top drivers in the season long track point series for the Late Models, Street Stocks, Xtreme Stock Cars, XSC Elite, Legends Cars, PENNMAR Vintage Cars, PASS Sprint Cars, Road Warriors, Mini Vans, Classic Cars and Women on Wheels Mini Vans. The Clean Technologies Young Guns Shootout top five will also be recognized.
There will be many surprises throughout the evening for everyone. In continuing with the family atmosphere approach of operating races, an unprecedented announcement was made that there will be a “Kid’s Banquet” for children ages 4-12 at the same time in the downstairs banquet room. There will be “fun” food served and plenty of games and activities to keep the young ones occupied in a supervised setting. After dinner, all children will be permitted to join their families upstairs during the awards presentations. This one-of-a-kind experience should prove to be successful for the entire family.
The Valencia Ballroom is an art deco-style ballroom from the early 1900’s. It includes a Mezzanine overlooking the ballroom, a spring loaded dance floor and built in stage, making it York’s premiere ballroom. Some notable appearances to the ballroom include the Jimmy Dorsey band, Duke Ellington, Tommy Dorsey and the Blue Moon Orchaestra.
On Saturday, January 22, the doors will open at 6:00 p.m. with dinner served at 7:00 p.m. The awards presentation will follow the dinner. There will be a “Kid’s Banquet” as well at the same time. After dinner, all children will be permitted to sit with their families during the awards presentations. Ticket prices for the banquet are $45.00 which includes dinner and two complimentary beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic). Children’s prices (ages 12 and under) for the Kid’s Banquet will be $15.00. Tickets may be purchased by teams and fans alike as it is not exclusive to participants only. Ticket order forms are currently available online at
or by calling the SSP home office at (717) 292-1696. The deadline for banquet ticket purchases will be Tuesday, January 12, 2011.
Donations for the drawing for door prizes are till being accepted for the adults and kids. Anyone wishing to donate one or many prizes (hats, t-shirts, items from your sponsors, etc.), may contact the speedway offices for details. This will be a great opportunity to give your sponsors and supporters more exposure in the banquet program.
The Susquehanna Speedway Park is located off I-83 to exit 32, then 1.4 miles NW on SR382 to York Road, then 1.3 miles south. For more information, contact the speedway offices at (717) 292-1696 or visit online at sspracing.net. On raceday, use the track phone at (717) 938-9170 for up-to-date information.
2010 SSP Track Champions:
Late Models: Larry Baer
Street Stocks: Randy Zechman
Xtreme Stock Cars: Donnie Broderick
XSC Elite: Patrick McClane
PASS Sprint Cars: Mark Watkins
Legends Cars: Tim Henry (Pro); Greg Burd (Masters); Brent Marquis (Semi Pro)
Classic Cars: Jim Crocker
Road Warrors: Christopher Holland
PENNMAR Vintage Cars: Paul Bacchus (Modified); Willie Brymesser (Sportsman)
Mini Van: Daryl Sipe
Women on Wheels Mini Vans: Sherry Kitner
Clean Technologies Young Guns Shootout: Brett Pickel
- 2011 Upcoming Schedule of Events at SSP –
(Schedule as of December 13, 2010 - Subject to Change)
January 22 (Sat.) SSP Awards Banquet and Night of Honor (7:00 p.m.) at the Valencia Ballroom in York, PA (Doors open at
6:00 p.m.; Dinner at 7:00 p.m.) – Tickets on sale now
March 26 (Sat.) Open Test & Tune Day for Any Division (Gates open at 5:00 p.m.; Practice 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)
March 30 (Wed.) Wednesday Night Test & Tune Session at Big Track (Gates open at 5:00 p.m.; Practice 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)
April 2 (Sat.) Open Test & Tune Day for Any Division (Gates open at 5:00 p.m.; Practice 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)
April 6 (Wed.) Wednesday Night Test & Tune Session at Big Track (Gates open at 5:00 p.m.; Practice 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)
April 9 (Sat.) Stock Car Saturday Night Season Opener - Late Models, Street Stocks, Xtreme Stock Cars & PA Sprint
Series (6:00 p.m.).
April 10 (Sun.) Sprint Car Spring Classic - Super (410) Sprint Cars and ARDC Wingless Midgets (6:00 p.m.)
The remaining dates will be announced very soon.
- Special Pricing for 2011 Regular Season Pit Pass Cards – For the fourth straight year, in order to help weekly supporters, SSP has announced that season pit pass cards for all automobile race events at the “Big Track” from April 9 through September 17 (26 events) are on sale for just $375.00 (a retail value of more than $650). Persons interested in purchasing this special offer are encouraged to contact the speedway at (717) 292-1696 or email email@example.com as soon as possible to be added to the list of those who want the special pricing that is offered on a limited basis. Payment is required within 30 days of placing your name on the list of notifying the speedway for the annual pit passes. The pass is not valid for events at the “Outback Track” or for the Test & Tune Sessions held throughout the season. This offer will end on March 1, 2011 and all passes must be paid in full by March 1 regardless of the order date.
- Track Rental for the “Big Track” and the “Outback Track” – The “Big track” and the “Outback track” are available for rent beginning March 1, 2011. The “Big Track” rental fee is $1,400.00 for 4 hours and may be split between a maximum of five-(5) drivers/teams. Only one car is permitted on the track at a time. If an ambulance is requested, it is an additional $75.00 per hour. For nighttime rentals at the “Big Track”, an additional $100.00 per hour will be charged for lights. There will be a $200.00 discount if the Big Track is reserved before February 15, 2011 for any date after March 1. A $200.00 deposit is also required to receive the discount.
The rental price for the “Outback Track” is $400.00 for 4 hours during the day /$500.00 at night and may be split between a maximum of five-(5) drivers/teams. To reserve either track, please call 717-292-1696. If you reserve the track with a $400 deposit paid within 14 days of reserving the track for any date after March 1, we will reduce the “Big Track” rental price to $1,200 (save $200).
- Free Pit Passes for all Non-Qualifiers in 2011 – Any non-qualifier who starts the a qualifying heat race and fails to qualify for the feature in the Late Model, Street Stock, Xtreme Stock Cars, Legends Cars, Mini Vans and Road Warriors divisions during the regular season point events will receive a complimentary pit pass for the driver for the following week during the regular season from April 9 though September 17. The driver must possess a full annual SSP license in order to be eligible for the complimentary pit pass and pass is not transferable to another driver or to another week beyond the following week.
- 2011 SSP Rules Now Posted on Website – The 2011 SSP Rules for the Late Models, Street Stocks, Xtreme Stock Cars, Mini Vans and Road Warriors divisions are now posted at
Repeat Fan Discount Continues for 2011 – The popular “Repeat Fan Discount” program will continue at SSP in 2010. There is a $2.00 repeat fan discount for each person with a ticket stub from races during the previous week’s events completed only. Returning fans are encouraged to write their name, address and phone number on the back of the stub to be entered into special drawings during and at the end of the season for great prizes. The Repeat Fan Discount is not valid for pit pass purchases.
Ticket Stubs from the Saturday, November 13, 2010 Final Showdown race may be use for the first racing weekend on April 9 or April 10.
- SSP Continues Hometown Heroes Program for 2011 - For the upcoming season, the Susquehanna Speedway Park will also continue its popular fan program called “Hometown Heroes.” On selected nights throughout the 2011 season, the Hometown Heroes Program recognizes drivers from particular cities and towns throughout Pennsylvania and Maryland. Before the races begin, the drivers have the opportunity to display their cars and meet the fans at the front gate of the speedway. The drivers will also be interviewed during the night’s racing program. Also, all fans entering the speedway from that driver’s hometown being honored will be admitted FREE to the grandstands by showing proper photo identification at the ticket booth. More details with dates and towns will be released in the near future.
Back to top
» Powered by
© 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.