Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 04/19/24 at 3:28am

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Pair of Third-Place Finishes Keep Richards at Top of WoOLMS Points (Read 1155 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Pair of Third-Place Finishes Keep Richards at Top of WoOLMS Points
05/03/11 at 4:41pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 3, 2011

Pair of Third-Place Finishes in Midwestern Doubleheader Keeps Richards Atop World of Outlaws Late Model Series Point Standings

SHINNSTON, W. Va. - May 3, 2011 - Josh Richards is still chasing his first win of the 2011 World of Outlaws Late Model Series season after finishing third in both of last weekend's Midwestern doubleheader. The 23-year-old star from Shinnston, W.Va., is still leading the points standings after the solid showings on Friday night (April 29) at Hartford (Mich.) Motor Speedway and Saturday evening (April 30) at Bluegrass Speedway in Bardstown, Ky. - and he knows that victory isn't far from his grasp.

"We're close," said Richards, who is currently tied with Steve Francis atop the WoO LMS win list since 2004, with 28 career wins. "My guys are doing a super job and we're working hard to get a win. We came up a little short (last weekend), but we were right there both nights."

In Friday's Cabin Fever 50 at Hartford - the inaugural WoO LMS event at the 9/16-mile oval in western Michigan - Richards started fourth and hustled the No. 1 Kentucky Fuel Corporation/Seubert Calf Ranches Rocket up to second at the initial green flag. He chased early leader Jason Feger until watching his close friend and rival Darrell Lanigan sail by for second place on lap 15 en route to a convincing triumph.

Richards went on to finish third, but not without some hard work. He was sent high and out of the groove through turns one and two on a lap-24 restart, dropping him to fifth place. It took him until the 46th lap to get back to third place.

"On the restart Feger came up the track and I was there - I don't think he knew it - and I got shuffled back to fifth," said Richards. "It took the rest of the race just to get back to third.

"I feel like we had a real good car, and I think if we would've got to the front first we might've been able to hold on. But Darrell was definitely good. I was working the bottom trying to make time (early in the race) when all of a sudden I saw Darrell on the outside. By that point it was too late and he just went by me."

After a six-hour overnight haul to Bluegrass Speedway, Richards timed fifth-fastest, won a heat race and drew the fourth starting spot for the My Old Kentucky Home Shootout. He reached second by lap two and quickly moved in to challenge Lanigan, who started from the pole, for the lead, but he couldn't pull off a pass before the half-mile oval took rubber. Richards ultimately fell to third when he slid high in turn four on lap 37 and was passed by Scott James, who went on to finish second as Lanigan completed a sweep of the weekend's action.

"I felt like we were better than Darrell," Richards said of Bluegrass effort. "I got up to him and I got clear up behind his quarter-panel (on lap 37), but I got a little bit of an aero-push so I just kind of tried to carry it to the outside of (turn) four. I thought the track was rubbered wider than it was, but it was really narrow and I didn't realize Scott James was that close when he got by. Then we were all three there in line. You couldn't pass and track position was huge.

"We were going for the win. I'm really hungry for a win right now, so I tried to make something happen. It didn't work, but we still ended up third out of it - and knowing we were that close, or even better, than a guy who's been dominating makes me feel a lot better."

Richards ended the weekend leading the WoO LMS points standings by 16 points over Rick Eckert through seven events. He will attempt to pad his edge in search of a third straight points crown when the series continues its schedule this weekend with a doubleheader in Georgia on Saturday night (May 7) at Swainsboro Raceway and Sunday night (May 8) at Needmore Speedway in Norman Park. A race scheduled for Friday night at Fayetteville (N.C.) Motor Speedway, meanwhile, was canceled on Monday by WoO LMS officials.

For more information on Josh Richards, visit www.joshrichards.com, follow him on Twitter at @Josh_Richards1.

Josh Richards' No. 1 team carries support from Rocket Chassis, Kentucky Fuel Corporation, Cornett Racing Engines, Seubert Calf Ranches,Ernie D's Enterprises, ACE Metal Works, Petroff Towing, Tony Stewart Racing, Sunoco Race Fuels, Hoosier Racing Tires, Integra Shocks, Slavic Custom Decals, Valvoline, AEM, ATL Fuel Cells, Aurora Bearing Company, Autolite, Banshee Graphics, Barnes Systems, Beyea Performance, Brinn Transmissions, Brodix Cylinder Heads, Braswell Carburetion, Butlerbuilt Seat Systems, CV Products, Dohm Cycles, Dyer's Top Rods, Fram Filters, Frankland Rearends, Howe Racing, LSI, MSD Ignition, Outerwears, Performance Bodies, Performance Friction Brakes, Performance Rod & Custom, Rand, Ringers Gloves, Scott Performance Wire, Simpson Race Products, Sweet Manufacturing, Tel Tech, TWM Racing Products, Trick Carbon Fiber Driveshafts, Jones Racing Products, TurboStart Racing Batteries, Ultra Lite Brakes, US Brake, Weld Racing Wheels, Will Kinzer Foundation, Wehr's Machine, Wilwood and Wrisco Aluminum

Honey Elizabeth Rentz

Rising Star Management Group
hrentz@risingstarmg.com
(704) 658-7650

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.