Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 05/08/24 at 1:39pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Ross Bailes Claims 39th Annual Shrine 100 at Carolina Speedway (Read 2345 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Ross Bailes Claims 39th Annual Shrine 100 at Carolina Speedway
08/10/11 at 2:28am

For Immediate Release
August 9, 2011

Ross Bailes Claims 39th Annual Shrine 100 at Carolina Speedway

Gastonia, North Carolina – Ross Bailes, aboard the Professional Restoration B4 MasterSbilt, was able to score a victory in the 39th running of the Shrine 100 at Carolina Speedway. Bailes took the lead on lap one and never relinquished it en route to the $3000 Carolina Clash payday. The win brings Bailes’ career Super Late Model win total to three - including the Ultimate Racing Series sanctioned 31st Annual Laurens County Shrine Race just a few weeks back where he also earned $3000. “This is another huge win for us. Carolina is home for my team and I. We have so many people here that have helped me and support our team. This one is really special. I need to thank Bobby and Johnny Wilson for allowing me to drive their car. And I want to thank all of our sponsors and my family for their support. This is just a great night.” Bailes said of his win.

Bailes qualified in the 3rd spot for the feature behind polesitter Luke Roffers and multiple-time Carolina Speedway Track Champion Tim Allen. After a pair of tangles between Roffers and Allen and another pile-up farther back in the field resulted in a bevy of zero lap of caution flags the field was lined up single file for the initial start. Bailes jumped to the lead in turn one when the green finally appeared. Bailes pulled away and held off all challengers through a myriad of caution flags to pick up his first career Carolina Clash victory.

Bailes just arrived back home after making the 20 hour haul to New Richmond, Wisconsin for the USA Nationals at Cedar Lake Speedway. Bailes was elected by the votes and dollars of fans to attend the $50,000 to win World of Outlaws Late Model event through the FansFund program. Bailes ended up 4th in final voting and received close to $3000 in cash and contingency prizes to make the trip. Bailes struggled to find the right feel in his car through the first couple of days but finally hit on something for his B-Main. “I just could never get comfortable with my line. The car was fast and if I could have gotten into a rhythm sooner I believe we would have done better than we did.” Bailes commented. Bailes started 20th in his B-Main and had progressed up to the 12th position by the halfway point but his night came to an end when he suffered front suspension damage. And though the young man from Clover, South Carolina did not make the feature he was still happy he came. “I was pretty down that we didn’t run well. But it was an awesome experience for sure. They made us feel very welcome and the race was quite a show. They have a cool thing going on. I wish they were closer because I enjoyed racing there.”

Carolina Clash Super Late Models
August 9, 2011

A-Main
1. Ross Bailes (3) Clover, SC
2. Kenny Compton Jr. (4) Bland VA.
3. Jay Sessoms (6) Stanley, NC
4 Ricky Weeks (9) Rutherfordton, NC
5. Chad Paxton (8) Troutman, NC
6. Dennis Franklin (10) Gaffney, SC
7. Scott Autry (17) Fayetteville, NC
8. Mike Gault (11) Gaffney, SC
9. Doug Sanders (18) Springwood, NC
10. Luke Roffers (1) Concord, NC
11. Jeff Smith (12) Dallas, NC
12. Dane Burns (14) New London, NC
13. Dustin Mitchell (5) Pine Level, NC
14. David Taylor (21) Fayetteville, NC
15. Justin Labonte (20) Trinity, NC
16. Kyle Pierce (19) Statesville, NC
17. Craig Shuffield (23) Fayetteville, NC
18. Travis Yow (15) Fayetteville, NC
19. Robbie Bailey (13) Mooresville, NC
20. Donald Bradsher (16) Burlington, NC
21. Tim Allen (2) Kannapolis, NC
22. Anthony Sanders (22) Springwood, NC
23. Chris Ferguson (7) Mt. Holly, NC
24 Jim Shuffiled (DNS) Fayetteville, NC
Lap Leaders - Ross Bailes 1 - 30

Safety Kleen Hard Charger of the Race: (10 pts bonus) Scott Autry
XS Power Racing Batteries Fastest Qualifier - Luke Roffers
Collins Signs First Man out Award (11th place Qualifier) - Mike Gault
JE Piston/Roush Yates Performance Feature Winner - Ross Bailes
Comp Cams Feature Winner - Ross Bailes
Keizer Wheels Runner-Up Award - Kenny Compton Jr.
Shell Racing Solutions 3rd Place - Jay Sessoms
ATL Fuel Cells 4th Place -Ricky Weeks
Cool Shirts Top-5- Ross Bailes, Kenny Compton, Jay Sessoms, Ricky Weeks, Chad Paxton
RF Composites 6th Place - Dennis Franklin
Nascar Technical Institute 10th Place - Luke Roffers
Klotz Lubricants 15th Place - Justin Labonte
Ohlins Shocks Last but not Least - Chris Ferguson
Klotz Lubricants Hard Luck Award - Chris Ferguson
Klotz Lubricants Rookie of the Race - Chad paxton
Collins Trophies Feature Winner - Ross Bailes

Upcoming Carolina Clash Event
August 13 Wythe Raceway Wythe, VA $4,000 to win
August 20 Friendship Speedway Elkin, NC $4000 to win

Top Twelve in Points
Dennis Franklin 1707
Luke Roffers 1678
Mike Gault 1575
Kenny Compton Jr. 1537
Jeff Smith 1470
Chad Paxton 1465
Scott Autry 1455
Dustin Mitchell 1391
David Taylor 1372
Jay Sessoms 1337
Travis Yow 1332
Tim Allen 1317

Bailes MasterSbilt Race Car was powered by a Clements Race Engine and is sponsored by Professional Restoration, Felony Farms, Bailes Construction, Carolina Fire and Security, KELCAR Motorsports, Swiftco Supply, Blue Eagle Transport, CarGuts, FK Rod Ends, Heintz Performance, Eagle Manufacturing, Edwards Grading Service, Big A’s Custom Graphics, LJ Designs, Ron Wallace & Associates and Hypercoils.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.