Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 03/28/24 at 10:48pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Show Me Racin' Series added to Rob Burgess Memorial at Springfield (Read 1025 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Show Me Racin' Series added to Rob Burgess Memorial at Springfield
08/11/11 at 2:21am

Springfield Raceway
August 10, 2011

Show Me Racin' Series added to Rob Burgess Memorial at Springfield

Springfield, Mo.-The Race Bros. Show-Me Racin Series Late Models have been added to the Garfield's Rest And Pub Rob Burgess Memorial set for Sat Aug 20th at the Springfield Raceway.

This event was set to highlight a special $500 to win $100 to start feature event for the Midwest Modz in the memory of Joplin area Businessman Rob Burgess. Burgess who passed away unexpectedly earlier this season was a strong supporter of Joplin area racers and the Springfield Raceway. Burgess was excited about the Midwest Modz class as it became a reality of an affordable Modified Class. This class has grown in only its second season at Springfield Raceway and averages around 20 cars per event and track owners Jerry Hoffman and Doug Bland wanted to hold a special event for only this class and its drivers. The Midwest Modz feature will pay a whopping $500 to the winner while paying $100 to start the feature event. There will be a $25 car entry fee that evening for the Midwest Modz and it will be a Springfield Raceway points race. Drivers will draw for heat races and passing points will be used with the top 10 redrawing for the feature starting spots in this special event. Garfield's Rest and Pub is located in the Branson Landing in Branson, Mo and Joplin Northpark Mall Locations.

For the popular Race Bros Farm And Home Supply Show-Me Racin Series Late Models this will be their only Springfield area appearance of the 2011 season. The Series has been averaging over 20 entries per event so far in 2011. Defending Series champion Justin Wells of Aurora will head a talented field of drivers including National Dirt hall of Famer Ken "The Flying Farmer" Essary, Leslie Essary, Springfield's Chris Morelock, Former Springfield regular Eric Tinderholt of Lampe, Current Rookie Point leader Brandon Hunter, Points runner-up Larry Campbell of Van Buren, Ark., Veteran Randy Zimmerman of Fort Scott, Kansas, Modified standout Rex Merritt of Billings, Rick Lebow of Crane and many others.

Support Classes will include the Popular Budweiser USRA Modifieds, B-Mods, Midwest Modz, Legends and Pure Stocks as they compete in Transport Graphics Points races with added money in the purse also.

Grandstand Admission for the Rob Burgess Memorial will be $15 for Adults while kids prices remain the same. Pit passes will be $30 and the pit gates will open at 4PM with hotlaps starting around 6:30 and Racing slated for 7:15. Grandstand gates open at 5PM.

For more information contact Jerry Hoffman at 417-673-7426 or visit the website at WWW.SpringfieldRaceway.Com or receive mobile updates by going to Springfield Raceway then 368674.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.