Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 05/19/24 at 8:19pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Bobby Labonte Racing Ready to Take on the World (Read 828 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Bobby Labonte Racing Ready to Take on the World
09/07/11 at 5:30pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 7, 2011

Bobby Labonte Racing Ready to Take on the World
Pearson and Neat Prepared to Race 'Best of the Best' at Eldora Speedway

TRINITY, N.C. (September 7, 2011) - Bobby Labonte Racing (BLR) is heading to Rossburg, Ohio, for one of the most prestigious events that dirt racing has to offer, the 41st annual "World 100" at Eldora Speedway. The two-day show will start on Friday, September 9 with time trials and non-qualifier races. The main event will take place on Saturday and pay out $44,000 to win. As a non-points race for Earl Pearson Jr., driver of the No. 44 Lucas Oil Dodge, and Brad Neat, driver of the No. 41 Red Buck Cigars Chevrolet, it all comes down to pride and the trophy.

Pearson and Neat are regulars on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) tour. As a UMP-sanctioned event, the BLR tandem is ready to throw caution to the wind in hopes of getting a "W" at the legendary half-mile, clay oval.

"The 'World 100' is one of the biggest races of the year," Pearson said. "It's one of those races that no one is worried about points or strategy. There's a big payday for the winner and you'll see guys racing harder than ever before to cash in. No one is going to play it conservatively or settle for second place. Whatever it takes to get the checkered flag, that's what this race is all about. It's kept the grandstands packed for years and I'm sure that it will be an awesome show this year, too."

Pearson is a past champion of the "World 100," collecting a win in 2006. In his six starts at the event, he has never finished worse than ninth place.

"They've been running this race for over 40 years," Pearson said. "There's so much prestige and tradition in the event. It's a big part of our sport's history and I'm really proud that I was able to win it. It's definitely a win that I'll always cherish."

Neat has been a fixture of the "World 100" since he first entered the race in 2005. He has achieved two top-15 finishes, with a best result of 12th place.

"Of all the races I haven't won yet, this one's right on top of my 'to do' list," Neat said. "The 'World 100' brings out the best of the best. As a driver, you know you have to bring your A-game and have a perfect race if you want to reach victory lane. That's what would make winning the event so special. It's definitely one trophy that I'd love to bring back to BLR."

Pearson is currently sixth in LOLMDS championship point standings. Neat is in seventh place. The team will return to LOLMDS competition at Winchester Speedway in Winchester, Va., next week.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.