Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 05/08/24 at 5:35am

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Klint Byars Endures Heartbreak at World 100; Bama Brawl Next (Read 795 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Klint Byars Endures Heartbreak at World 100; Bama Brawl Next
09/14/11 at 1:27am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 13, 2011

Klint Byars Endures Heartbreak at World 100; Bama Brawl Next

by Ben Shelton
Carrollton, Mississippi (09/13/11) –Klint Byars experienced a wide gambit of emotions over the weekend as he piloted his #5 Southern Belle/K&K Motorsports/Victory Circle M1 Chassis By Moyer/Jay Dickens Racing Engine Super Late Model in the 41st Annual World 100.

Klint made his first ever trip to Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) over the weekend for the 41st Annual World 100. The $44,000-to-win event at the famed, 1/2 mile oval drew 112 of the nation's best drivers, and Klint started his weekend by opening a lot of eyes by qualifying ninth fastest to earn the second starting spot for the third heat race on Saturday night.

Saturday night would see Byars rocket to the lead in the first corner as he drove around Jimmy Owens for the lead, and he would maintain the top spot until heartbreak struck on lap 8, when his oil line cover came loose cutting his right rear tire. The flat tire would send him pitside and would bring his weekend to an end as only the top 11 cars moved on to a b-main. Even though it was a very disappointing end to the weekend, Klint and entire team were pleased with how they stacked up against the nation's best drivers and look forward to the season ending specials.

"I was so overwhelmed by the size of this place when we got here on Thursday. I had never even seen it before, and it was pretty intimidating. For us to come out of the box so strong really means a lot. Words can't describe how big of a deal this was to me to come out and qualify so well and lead the heat, but I'm definitely heartbroken over the way it ended," commented Byars.

Full results are available at www.EldoraSpeedway.com.

This Saturday, September 17th the team is slated to invade North Alabama Speedway (Tuscumbia, Alabama) for the 7th Annual Bama Brawl, which will pay $4,000-to-win and $400-to-start for the 40 lap event. For more information, please visit www.NorthAlabamaSpeedway.com .

K&K Motorsports would like to thank its sponsors including Southern Belle, Byars Motorsports, Jay Dickens Suspension, Sivesind Racing Shocks, Hoosier Race Tires, K&K Quik Stop, Lovorn & Lovorn Trucking, Victory Circle M1 Chassis By Moyer, Base Race Fuels, Bona-Fide Southern, X-Treme Graphics By J-Rod, & MSRMafia.com .

For the latest Klint Byars and K&K Motorsports information, please visit www.KlintByars.com .

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.