Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 07/27/24 at 6:55am

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Ashley Newman Wins 2014 Lid Lifter at Magnolia (Read 1175 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Ashley Newman Wins 2014 Lid Lifter at Magnolia
03/05/14 at 2:06pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 5, 2014

Ashley Newman Wins 2014 Lid Lifter at Magnolia

by Ben Shelton
MERCER, Tennessee (March 5) –  Ashley Newman opened his version of the 2014 season on Saturday evening at Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi) with a $1,000-to-win special in his #73 Upton Motorsports/Greg's Sawmill/Bob Pierce/Crate Late Model entry and came away with the victory!

With a stout field of forty-two entries in the pits Newman was able to lock into the outside pole position for the main event via his qualifying efforts.  During the early laps of the 20 lap feature Ashley battled side-by-side for the lead before taking the top spot for good on lap 5.  Over the remainder of the event the top five drivers waged a fierce battle at the front of the pack. In the end, it was Newman that crossed the finish line first to claim the victory over Cliff Williams, Jeremy Shaw, Johnny Stokes, and Chase Washington.

In victory lane Newman noted, "The rain last night definitely made for a wild track tonight, but my car was just flawless.  I can't thank Greg and Angie Upton enough for providing me this great opportunity, and I also want to thank my crew for busting their tails all night to keep this hot rod rolling."

Complete results from the event are available at www.MagnoliaDirt.com .

Ashley is tentatively scheduled to next be in action on March 15th in the inaugural Battle of the States at Whynot Motorsports Park (Meridian, Mississippi).  The event boasts a $2,000 top prize for the NeSmith Crate Late Model division as well as a $500-to-win dash.  For more information on the event please visit www.WhynotMotorsportsPark.com .

Upton Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors including Greg's Sawmill, 45 Race Shop, Best One Tire & Service, Gary Beard Trucking, Bob Pierce Race Cars, Schoenfeld Headers, Real Racing Wheels, Ace Sign Company, Team 5 Enterprise, Ace Sign Company, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Upton Motorsports, please visit www.UptonMotorsports.com .

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.