Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 05/19/24 at 5:39pm

KEIZER

Pages: 1
WoOLMS at Winchester Speedway - 8/16 Results (Read 3232 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
WoOLMS at Winchester Speedway - 8/16 Results
08/16/14 at 6:57pm

World of Outlaws Late Model Series
Winchester Speedway
August 16, 2014

Lanigan Overtakes McCreadie Late In Saturday’s Gunter’s Honey 50 En Route To First Winchester Speedway Victory
Kentucky Driver Extends WoO LMS Points Lead With 12th A-Main Win of 2014

WoOLMS PR
WINCHESTER, Va. (August 16) - After starting the weekend with a pair of runner-up finishes, Darrell Lanigan returned to his preferred top spot Saturday night at Winchester Speedway with a victory in the World of Outlaws Late Model Series-sanctioned Gunter's Honey 50.

Lanigan, the two-time WoO LMS champion and current points leader, earned $10,650 for his series-leading 12th victory of the season as the national tour wrapped up a three-race weekend in the Mid-Atlantic region. The tour's all-time winningest driver earned his 65th career series victory in front of a near-capacity crowd at the northern Virginia track.

Advancing from his fourth starting spot, Lanigan, 44, of Union, Ky., overtook Tim McCreadie of Watertown, N.Y., on lap 44 of the 50-lap race and pulled away in his Keyser Manufacturing-sponsored Club 29 Race Car on his way to claiming his first victory at Winchester's 3/8-mile oval.

"I don't like second," said Lanigan, who settled for runner-up finishes Friday night at Delaware International Speedway in Delmar, Del., and Saturday night at Potomac Speedway in Budds Creek, Md. "It's always better to win, especially here at Winchester where we've struggled. To come here with our Club 29 car and get a win, it's awesome."

McCreadie, the 2006 WoO LMS champion who sits third in the current series standings, settled for second in his Sweeteners Plus Rocket Chassis, 2.360 seconds behind Lanigan at the finish. McCreadie started from the outside pole and took the lead from polesitter Dan Stone of Thompson, Pa., on lap 22.

Thompson's Stone's Excavating Rocket was third at the finish after riding out front for the race's first 21 laps. Rick Eckert of York, Pa., was fourth in the Rocket Chassis house car with Kenny Pettyjohn of Millsboro, Del., rounding out the top five in his Rocket car.

Lanigan made his way to third early in the event and rode patiently in the spot through the race's opening laps as Stone paced the field ahead of McCreadie. When McCreadie began to pressure Stone in traffic around lap 15, Lanigan closed in on both drivers to make it a three-car battle for the lead.

After taking several looks under Stone in traffic, McCreadie pulled ahead for the lead on lap 22 as Lanigan looked to take second. Lanigan overtook Stone on lap 27 and erased what little advantage McCradie had built in just a couple of laps.

Lanigan pressured McCreadie as the leaders raced through heavy traffic, pulling alongside multiple times before finally completing the winning pass when McCreadie slipped high on lap 44.

The race's only caution on lap 47 gave McCreadie a chance to challenge Lanigan on a late restart, but Lanigan pulled away in building nearly a straightaway advantage before the finish.

"I was just biding my time a little bit," Lanigan said of his battle with McCreadie. "I didn't want to press the issue and take us both out. When your car's good like that you can move around, so I was just kind of waiting on him there until I finally got a good groove going.

"I raced him clean and he raced me clean. It was definitely a good race. It's fun when you can race with people like that that you trust to run around."

McCreadie was happy to improve on his finishes of 11th and fourth on Friday and Saturday, but was disappointed to come up short of the victory.

"I must've been fading. I just tried to go where the track felt the best," said McCreadie, a two-time winner on the WoO LMS this season who recorded his fourth runner-up finish of the year. "It's tough to run second, but it's better than we were all weekend. I'll take it and hope we put on a good show for everybody."

After dropping back to third, Stone switched grooves and rallied back to pressure McCreadie for second late in the race. He felt that his car was capable of winning the race if he had found the quicker way around the track sooner.

"The track was faster at the beginning there and I was really good," said Stone, a WoO LMS part-timer who was looking for his third career series victory. "I think the track slowed down, but I didn't slow down enough with it. I was gauging myself off those lapped cars, but obviously those guys were real fast behind me. I just slipped up there for probably 10 laps and messed up."

The World of Outlaws Late Model Series returns to action Aug. 22-23 with a doubleheader weekend in Michigan. The series returns to I-96 Speedway in Lake Odessa for the first time since 2007 Friday night before heading to Merritt Raceway in Merritt Saturday.

For more information on the WoO LMS, visit www.worldofoutlaws.com.

A-Main    
1 4 29 Darrell Lanigan Union, KY $10,000
2 2 39 Tim McCreadie Watertown, NY
3 1 21d Dan Stone Thompson, PA
4 3 1 Rick Eckert York, PA
5 7 38 Kenny Pettyjohn Millsboro, DE
6 6 32c Vic Coffey Caledonia, NY
7 5 6 Jamie Lathroum Mechanicsville, MD
8 8 90 Larry Ramsey Lexington, VA
9 10 30 Allen Brannon Sophia, NC
10 11 72 Jason Covert York Haven, PA
11 18 18 Eric Wells Hazard, KY
12 12 0 Dale Hollidge Mechanicsville, MD
13 13 22 Gregg Satterlee Indiana, PA
14 20 19 Tim Fuller Watertown, NY
15 16 14M Morgan Bagley Tyler, TX
16 9 99jr Frank Heckenast Jr. Orland Park, IL
17 15 24 Kenny Moreland Waldorf, MD
18 17 91 JT Spence Winchester, VA
19 23 25 Shane Clanton Zebulon, GA
20 22 19p Mark Pettyjohn Millsboro, DE
21 14 7 Ross Robinson Georgetown, DE
22 19 1* Chub Frank Bear Lake, PA
23 24 44 Clint Smith Senoia, GA
24 21 21 Billy Bleacher Winchester, VA

B-Main #1
1 91 J.T. Spence
2 1* Chub Frank
3 21 Billy Beachler
4 19R Greg Roberson
5 93 Tony Crim
6 44 Clint Smith
7 99B Boom Briggs
8 15 Tommy Armel
9 43 Tom Decker Jr

B-Main #2
1 18 Eric Wells
2 19 Tim Fuller
3 19P Mark Pettyjohn
4 25 Shane Clanton
5 18c Chase Junghans
6 93L Pancho Lawler
7 79 Mike Ahobelli
8 11J Keith Jackson
9 1MD Dominic Defino

Heat #1
1 29 Darrell Lanigan
2 38 Kenny Pettyjohn
3 99jr Frank Heckenast Jr
4 22 Gregg Satterlee
5 91 J.T. Spence
6 1* Chub Frank
7 44 Clint Smith
8 19R Greg Roberson
9 15 Tommy Armel

Heat #2
1 6 Jamie Lathroum
2 39 Tim McCreadie
3 30 Allen Brannon
4 7 Ross Robinson
5 21 Billy Beachler
6 93 Tony Crim
7 99B Boom Briggs
8 43 Tom Decker Jr

Heat #3
1 1 Rick Eckert
2 90 Larry Ramsey
3 72 Jason Covert
4 24 Kenny Moreland
5 18 Eric Wells
6 19P Mark Pettyjohn
7 25 Shane Clanton
8 11J Keith Jackson
9 79 Mike Ahobelli

Heat #4
1 21d Dan Stone
2 32c Vic Coffey
3 0 Dale Hollidge
4 14M Morgan Bagley
5 19 Tim Fuller
6 18c Chase Junghans
7 93L Pancho Lawler
8 1MD Dominic Defino

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.