Home | Help | Search | Login

Welcome, Guest. Please Login 07/27/24 at 8:25am

KEIZER

Pages: 1
Dennis Erb, Jr. Notches Trio of Top Tens During Extended Show-Me 100 (Read 1612 times)
LMR
LMR Admin

Latemodelracer.com

United States
Dennis Erb, Jr. Notches Trio of Top Tens During Extended Show-Me 100
06/02/16 at 9:28pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 2, 2016

Dennis Erb, Jr. Notches Trio of Top Tens During Extended Show-Me 100 Weekend

CARPENTERSVILLE, ILL (June 2) - Dennis Erb, Jr. and his #28 team made their annual Memorial Day weekend visit to the state-of-the-art Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Missouri on May 26-28 for the 24th edition of the 'Lucas Oil Show-Me 100.' Things kicked off at the sterling 3/8-mile speedplant with a pair of $6,000 to win showdowns, which were co-sanctioned by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series and Lucas Oil MLRA Series.

On Thursday evening, Dennis finished fifth in his heat race and second in his B-Main prior to blasting past fourteen competitors during the 45-lap 'Cowboy Classic.' At the checkers, Dennis found himself ninth in the final finishing of the weekend opener at Wheatland. On Friday night, Dennis ran second in heat race action and later advanced past five cars during the 40-lap Tribute to Don and Billie Gibson event. The Carpentersville, Illinois hotshoe crossed the finish line sixth behind only prelim victor Jared Landers, Scott Bloomquist, Tim McCreadie, Jimmy Owens, and Steve Francis.

A huge crowd then assembled at Lucas Oil Speedway on Saturday for the 100-lap 'Lucas Oil Show-Me 100,' which boasted a hefty $30,000 winner's check. By virtue of his strong preliminary efforts, Dennis earned the rights to the outside of the second row for the start of the extra-distance affair. During the course of the rough and tumble grind, Dennis ran towards the front early in the race before eventually settling for a solid ninth place performance in the crown jewel extravaganza. He still sits seventh in the latest version of the LOLMDS point standings following the three-race extended weekend in the Show-Me State. Full results from the 'Lucas Oil Show-Me 100' can be accessed by clicking on www.lucasdirt.com.

Next up for Dennis Erb Racing will be a trip south to the states of Tennessee and Kentucky with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series on June 3-4. The bad-fast Tazewell Speedway in Tazewell, Tennessee will play host to the $10,000 to win 'Toyota Knoxville 50' on Friday night, while the venerable Florence Speedway in Union, Kentucky will take center stage on Saturday evening by holding the 30th Annual 'Ralph Latham Memorial.' The largest single-day event in Dirt Late Model racing will take place on Saturday at the Cincinnati-area venue, as a $30,000 top prize will greet the winner of the 75-lap shootout.

Dennis would like to thank all of his sponsors including: J.R. McBride Leasing, McBride Mack, M&S Concrete, Ideal Ready Mix, M&M Painting & Construction, VoMac Truck Sales, Performance Rod & Custom (PRC), Midwest Sheet Metal, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, Hoosier Racing Tires, PrintWorx, Allstar Performance, Aurora Rod Ends, Beyea Custom Headers, Black Diamond Chassis, Brinn Transmissions, Butlerbuilt Safety Systems, CV Products, Delph Communications, Dyer's Top Rods, Envy Suspension & Race Consultants, Fel-Pro Gaskets, Five Star Performance Bodies, Frankland Racing Supply, Hypercoils, Jones Racing Products, K-B Carburetors, Maxima Racing Oils, Peterson Fluid Systems, Quarter Master, Simpson Race Products, Sweet Mfg., T&D Machine Products, TWM Racing Products, VP Racing Fuels, Weld Wheels, Wiles Driveshafts, and Wilwood Engineering.

The latest dirt on the Dennis Erb Racing team can be found all year long at www.DennisErb.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1

Latemodelracer.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2.3!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.